Warlord / Dreadnought Guide
Warlords are Warriors (Humans) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Dual Swords and Polearms, and wear Heavy Armor. Warlords have an adept TANK + ATTACK build with balanced stat distribution which makes them strong attackers, and excellent for both parties and solo play. Warlords are beasts in PvP because of their Crowd Control skills, capable of containing and dealing heavy damage. They often strike wide arcs that cleave through many targets to knock down and stun enemies, making them great in both PvE and PvP.
Their balanced class skills make them exceptionally versatile, as they deal very high damage and also have 2 AoE skills, Thunderstorm and Judgment, which are great for Crowd Control. Against swarming monsters, Warlords are able to disable and kill groups much faster, which leads to higher survivability in Elite Dungeons. They are also also exceptional front-line damage dealers in PvP scenarios such as Fortress and Open Sieges because of their ability to push forward in close combat battles.
Their Wide Sweep attack gives them a good amount of ATK Speed, which is uncommon for Warrior classes, and can help them clear enemies more quickly. Additionally, their Revenge skill helps them attack numerous enemies simultaneously, as it buffs them with additional P. Attack that stacks up to 5x. However, Warlords aren’t the fastest of Warriors, and unlike Bladedancers, they often find themselves lagging behind a bit when they need to chase enemies. They also have a high kill steal rate, due to how slowly they sometimes move across fields.
This character will suit your playstyle if you enjoy a high damage melee combatant that has good survivability in the frontlines.
- More damage-centric class compared to Paladin.
- Great CC capability. Active skills will either knock down or stun the enemy.
- Excellent mobbing skills with a great attack party buff.
- High HP, although not the highest.
- Ideal in 1v1 scenarios due to respectable damage and a tanky build, but also great in group PvP.
- Strong in Fortress Siege because Warlords excel at running deep behind the enemy lines.
- Moves slowly across the field, making it easy to get KSed (kill-stealed).
- Still less-damage compared to other heavy hitters but lies in between damage dealer and tank.
- Attacks even slower when using a spear.
|Weapon||Dunamiss Dualsword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Dual StormBringers (PvE magical monsters)|
|Dual Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Dualsword (Boss hunt)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Black Ore Set (PvP wise / Anti-Crit)|
|Arbol Set (Retain Combo Duration)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Prioritize passive skills first then figure out which one is best for active skills depending on your play style.
|Active||Judgment||Swings the weapon in a large arc to deal damage and knockdown enemies.||1st / 2nd||2nd / 3rd|
|Thunder Storm||Slams the ground with great force to deal damage and stun nearby.||1st / 2nd||2nd / 3rd|
|Wide Sweep||Increases Atk. Spd. and the number of enemies hit at once.||3rd||1st|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear.||2nd / 3rd||2nd / 3rd|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||5th||5th|
|Attack Aura||Increases the Atk of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||1st||1st|
|Revenge||Has a chance of generating a buff that increases Atk when a Crit.Atk lands.||4th||4th|
|Combat Mastery||Further increases Atk. when a Spear or Dual Swords is equipped.||2nd / 3rd||2nd / 3rd|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
Specific Skills Usage
- Attack Aura (Passive) is best if you plan on regularly joining parties in dungeons and PvE.
- For the Rare skills in PvE: Use Absolute Shield and Healing Strike if you are having a hard time with monsters. Otherwise if you are killing them easily, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower.
- Wide Sweep should be prioritized in PvE for faster levels and farming.
- Thunderstorm, Judgement, Weapon Mastery & Attack Aura are also key skills. Go for Heavy Armor Mastery & Revenge after that.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / Attack Speed or HP Drain||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion or HP Drain||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Penetration / Ignore def damage or Evasion||Yellow - Critical Resist / Resilience / Evasion||Boots - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - HP Drain / Atk. Speed / Crit Resist||Green - Critical Resist / Resilience / Evasion|
|Earring - HP Drain / Speed / Critical Resist or Penetration||Black - Critical Resist / Resilience / Evasion|
|Ring - HP Drain / Critical Rate / Critical Damage||Blue - Critical Resist / Resilience / Evasion|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
*Note: If you are aiming to level fast, prioritize Bonus Exp. Gain substat above all else, then follow the priority list above.
Attack Aura > Warrior Weapon Mastery > Combat Mastery are your staple passive upgrades that boosts your overall damage to progress fast. Upgrade in the given order.
Other Useful Class Tips
- Before: Force Mastery only applies to Spears and Polearms. Now: The passive was changed to Combat Mastery and also gains bonus damage using dual swords. It’s up to you as to which type of weapon you’d want to use as a Warlord.
- Difference: Spear attacks slower, making dual swords more ideal for DPS. However, the spear has a longer range.
Special thanks to Sados (SainT) for content contributions and allen12370 for the substat references!