Welcome to PlayL2R’s UR-Grade Crafting guide!
Crafting your first L2R UR-grade equipment is a huge leap in your Lineage 2: Revolution progression. By how much? Almost double the effectiveness of SR-grade — and that’s just the base stats! Substats are also increased significantly which means that the percentage multipliers from other sources like soul crystals will further amplify your overall stats.
To further explain, let’s use this example of a Dunamiss Sword:
|Crit Rate (substat)||1,936||3,705|
*Both SR and UR grade with same Upgrade Level (+30) and Enhancement Level (+15)
Impressive isn’t it? Even a UR-grade Level 1 weapon has higher CP value than an SR-grade Level 30. With the immense upgrade, however, great achievements are born from great sacrifices…It is not easy to upgrade your item into UR-grade. Unlike the lower tiers B,A,S,R, and SR where you can just upgrade or combine (see Forge guide), building UR-grade equipment requires it to be crafted.
Never fear: PlayL2R will guide you how to efficiently craft UR-grade equipment (See the tips section)
Before that, we will explain how crafting equipment works.
First, your equipment must be at least SR-grade level 30. Then collect these four items:
- Equipment Material
- Radiant Upgrade Stones
Take note that players can craft these four items individually. Doing so, the Craft Completion Progress in your item overview will show that each material crafted corresponds to 25% progress. It also provides a boost in Combat Power for partially crafting the target equipment. Scraps and Radiant Upgrade Stones are the easiest to accomplish, so don’t forget to craft them when you’ve completed the required amount of materials.
What happens after you finished crafting all 4 materials?
- The “Craft” button will appear when you select the target item under Forge → Craft. After crafting,
- The Enhancement Level, Limit Break value, Substats and Attributes are maintained.
- Only the level of the upgraded equipment will change based on the EXP of the base equipment. For example:
- (before) SR-grade Level 30 → (after) UR-grade Level 0
- (before) SR-grade Level 40 → (after) UR-grade Level 6
Materials for crafting and where to acquire them
Equipment Material Components
|Recipe||15||10||10||Recipes are unique to each item type||Equipment Salvage (S-Grade and above) / Raid|
|Equipment Material||250||150||150||Materials vary per category (Weapon/Armor/Accessory) and by Material Class (Normal/Rare)||Equipment Salvage (S-Grade and above) / Field Boss|
|Radiant Upgrade Stone||10||10||10||Upgrade Stones vary per category (Weapon/Armor/Accessory)||Daily Dungeon (Hell Mode) / Binding Upgrade Stones in Workshop (10x) + Scroll of Alchemy for Radiant Upgrade Stone|
|Equipment Scraps||5000||3000||3000||Scraps vary per category (Weapon/Armor/Accessory)||Field Hunting / Temporal Rift / Equipment Salvage / Equipment Dungeon / Blood Scrap / Relic|
SR-Grade Equipment higher than level 30
MissSolo’s Video Guide in Crafting UR
Crafting Recipes (Difference between Global vs. SEA / KR servers)
This is where you exchange Recipes and Equipment Materials to get a desired type that fits your target equipment. (Found in Workshop → Bind)
This method of binding recipes is easier than the exchange system of SEA and KR servers. For an amount of ripped recipe fragments and scraps, you can bind a recipe of your choice:
Item Type Exchange item 1 Exchange item 2 Result Remarks
Weapon Ripped Recipe Fragments x10 + Weapon Scraps x1,500 = Recipe - Normal Attribute Weapon Opening it will result to a Normal Weapon Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x10 + Weapon Scraps x1,500 = Recipe - Elite Attribute Weapon Opening it will result to an Elite Weapon Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x10 + Weapon Scraps x1,500 = Recipe - Boss Attribute Weapon Opening it will result to a Boss Weapon Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x30 + Weapon Scraps x5,000 = Recipe - PVP Attribute Weapon Opening it will result to a PVP Weapon Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x30 + Weapon Scraps x5,000 = Recipe - Magical Attribute Weapon Opening it will result to a Magical Weapon Recipe of your choice
Armor Ripped Recipe Fragments x10 + Armor Scraps x1,500 = Recipe - Elite Attribute Armor Opening it will result to an Elite Armor Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x10 + Armor Scraps x1,500 = Recipe - Boss Attribute Armor Opening it will result to a Boss Armor Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x30 + Armor Scraps x5,000 = Recipe - PVP Attribute Armor Opening it will result to a PVP Armor Recipe of your choice
Ripped Recipe Fragments x30 + Armor Scraps x5,000 = Recipe - Magical Attribute Armor Opening it will result to a Magical Armor Recipe of your choice
Exchange Shop (SEA / KR):
This is where you exchange Recipes and Equipment Materials to get a desired type that fits your target equipment. (Found in Workshop → Exchange)
- Exchange Recipes – Players can exchange Guaranteed Recipes for Unconfirmed Recipes
- Unconfirmed Rare Weapon Recipe
- Unconfirmed Rare Armor Recipe
- Unconfirmed Weapon Recipe
- Unconfirmed Armor Recipe
- Selection Box Exchange – Players can exchange Unconfirmed Recipes for Recipe Selection Boxes
- Rare Weapon Recipe Selection Box
- Rare Armor Recipe Selection Box
- Weapon Recipe Selection Box
- Armor Recipe Selection Box
- Material Box Exchange – you can exchange UR Crafting Materials for Material Boxes
- Unconfirmed Rare Weapon Material
- Unconfirmed Rare Armor Material
- Unconfirmed Weapon Crafting Material
- Unconfirmed Armor Crafting Material
|Exchange item 1||Exchange item 2||Result||Remarks|
|Rare Weapon Recipe x1||+||Weapon Scraps x1,500||=||Unconfirmed Rare Weapon Recipe||Opening it will result to a Random Rare Weapon Recipe|
|Rare Armor Recipe x1||+||Armor Scraps x1,500||=||Unconfirmed Rare Armor Recipe||Opening it will result to a Random Rare Armor Recipe|
|Weapon Recipe x1||+||Weapon Scraps x500||=||Unconfirmed Weapon Recipe||Opening it will result to a Random Weapon Recipe (may contain Rare Weapon Recipe from a fixed chance)|
|Armor Recipe x1||+||Armor Scraps x500||=||Unconfirmed Armor Recipe||Opening it will result to a Random Weapon Recipe (may contain Rare Armor Recipe from a fixed chance)|
|10 Unconfirmed Normal Weapon Recipe||or||3 Unconfirmed Rare Weapon Recipe||=||Rare Weapon Recipe Selection Box||Opening it will result to a Rare Weapon Recipe of your choice|
|10 Unconfirmed Normal Armor Recipe||or||3 Unconfirmed Rare Armor Recipe||=||Rare Armor Recipe Selection Box||Opening it will result to a Rare Armor Recipe of your choice|
|3 Unconfirmed Normal Weapon Recipe||=||Weapon Recipe Selection Box||Opening it will result to a Normal Weapon Recipe of your choice|
|3 Unconfirmed Normal Armor Recipe||=||Weapon Recipe Armor Box||Opening it will result to a Normal Armor Recipe of your choice|
|Rare Weapon Material x1||+||Weapon Scraps x100||=||Unconfirmed Rare Weapon Material||Opening it will result to an exclusive Rare Weapon Material|
|Rare Weapon Material x1||+||Armor Scraps x100||=||Unconfirmed Rare Armor Material||Opening it will result to an exclusive Rare Armor Material|
|Weapon Material 1x||+||Weapon Scraps x30||=||Unconfirmed Weapon Crafting Material||Opening it will result to a Random Weapon Material (may contain Rare Weapon Material from a fixed chance)|
|Armor Material 1x||+||Armor Scraps x30||=||Unconfirmed Armor Crafting Material||Opening it will result to a Random Armor Material (may contain Rare Armor Material from a fixed chance)|
*Note: Any mention of “Unconfirmed” denotes item name, and not an omission by PlayL2R
- Radiant Upgrade Stones: Don’t forget to conquer the Daily Dungeon (Hell mode) every time the clearance rewards are Radiant Upgrade Stones. Use Red Diamonds to reset once or twice.
- Weapon Radiant Upgrade Stone – Tuesdays
- Armor Radiant Upgrade Stone – Thursdays
- Accessory Radiant Upgrade Stone – Saturdays
- You can bind 10 Normal Upgrade Stones and 1 Scroll of Alchemy for 1 Radiant Upgrade Stone
Level of difficulty in acquisition: EASY
- Scraps: Scraps are one of the four main materials for crafting, and are also used to speed up your collection of other main materials. After partially crafting the required scraps on the target equipment, collect a lot more to use it on the Exchange Shop (particularly for Recipes and Equipment Materials).
- Clear the Temporal Rift repeatedly to get large amount of scraps. Now is a good time to upgrade your Red gears. Go with your clanmates/friends that also have the capability to clear fast.
- Salvage S grade gears (from combining A+A) to get a decent amount of scraps.
- Farm monsters in the Field within ±4 levels of your character.
- Equipment Dungeon is a good source of instant scraps.
- You can also get scraps from Blood Scraps and Relics.
Level of difficulty in acquisition: NORMAL
- Equipment Material: You can get Equipment Materials easily from salvaging gears that are S-grade and above. You can also get it from killing Field bosses and completing main quests/event.
- Equipment Materials are quite rare and they are harder to farm than Radiant Upgrade Stones and Scraps. Use Unconfirmed Weapon/Armor Crafting Material Box Exchange to collect Rare Materials. The Recipe exchange rate is 1:1 and requires 30 scraps for each exchange.
- Do not salvage Rare gears unless you are really close to finishing the craft (Example: 12/15 Recipes). Prioritize maxing the Limit Break and Attribute enhancement before anything else.
Level of difficulty: HARD
- Recipe: Events usually give tons of ripped recipe fragments as rewards. Bind them to create Recipes. Other sources of Recipes/fragments are killing world bosses, clan shop purchases, completing main quests, and salvaging SR-grade equipment.
- Recipe is a scarce resource and the Bind (Global) / Exchange Shop (SEA) is your best friend.
- Global: Focus on 1 set to upgrade. Non-Rare type are easiest to upgrade and we recommend you to craft a UR Elite weapon first (a lot easier than Rare type upgrade due to Recipe and Bind requirements) so you can farm a lot easier on high level Elite Dungeons.
- SEA / KR: It will help you in collecting the required number of recipes, just use Unconfirmed Weapon/Armor Recipe Exchange so it will maintain the total amount of Recipes in your inventory. The Recipe exchange rate is 1:1 and requires 500 scraps for each exchange.
- For example: If you want to collect 15 Dunamiss Sword Recipes, use the Unconfirmed Weapon Recipe Exchange until you get 10~13 Dunamiss Sword Recipes from draw. Only then you may use the Rare Weapon Recipe Selection Box Exchange for the remaining 2~5 Recipes — 1 Dunamiss Sword Recipe requires 10 Unconfirmed Normal Recipes for the exchange. Note that this Recipe exchange rate is 10:1 which means you will be losing 9 Unconfirmed Recipes in this exchange. The good thing is you won’t be needing Scraps for it.
- For F2P and casual P2P players, a single Recipe is highly valued. They would rather farm Scraps to keep the 1:1 Recipe exchange. Scraps can be easily farmed over time.
- Take note that Spears and Dualswords Recipe of the same type (Normal/Rare) can be interchanged for free in Workshop → Bind. For example: Exidium Recipe ↔ Dunamiss Dualsword Recipe
- Recipe is a scarce resource and the Bind (Global) / Exchange Shop (SEA) is your best friend.
Level of difficulty: HARD (Global) / HELL (SEA / KR)
- Other useful tips in crafting:
- Rare equipment (Blue and Red gear) are costly to craft (no exaggeration: 50x more expensive and time consuming compared to crafting normal gear). It is highly recommended to upgrade your Elite Weapon before any Rare Weapon.
- A UR-grade Elite Weapon will have more output damage than a Lvl. 10 attribute SR-grade Blue Weapon when attacking players. You will also be spending most of your time leveling and farming PoB/RSS in the Elite Dungeon.
- Aim to upgrade your Weapon first, then Armors.
- Build a Red gear set to farm scraps in the Temporal Rift; you’ll need a lot of it for equipment material and recipe exchanges. It makes farming for these items a breeze.
- Invest on your Blood Ranger’s cloak for blood scraps. For every 2000 blood scraps, you will get around ~1700 weapon/armor scraps (KR / SEA servers only, Global servers don’t drop weapon/armor scraps from blood scraps).