Welcome To The Ultimate Treasure Hunter Guide!
Treasure Hunters are Humans (Rogue) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Daggers and wear Light Armor. Treasure Hunters have balanced stats and gain Attack Speed and Evasion bonuses from their skills. As Rogues, they are crafty with their attacks, allowing them to get increased damage when you successfully evade attacks,simultaneously gaining critical bonuses. These perks make Treasure Hunters easy to use in PvE, especially in dungeons.
Treasure Hunters are one of the best classes to use in solo quests. They are tanky and have the capability to reduce enemy accuracy, increasing survivability against strong monsters, including bosses. Their Backstab skill is a 3 second stun with a low cooldown of 15 seconds — a huge advantage, compared to most classes who have a 20-22 second cooldown. Additionally, their Sneak skill provides a chance to reduce cooldown every time you evade an attack. What that means is that being attacked by a group of monsters, which can potentially kill some classes, can potentially be advantageous for Treasure Hunters.
While Treasure Hunters dominate PvE, they are average in PvP Arena, as they don’t have high burst damages like Abyss Walkers and Plains Walkers. However, with a good amount of HP, DEF, and Evasion you will be able to win if you fight strategically in drawn out battles, such as taking advantage of the low skill cooldown and timing your hits carefully. But while they do not perform as well in PvP Arena, in group PvP events like Siege, they provide a fair contribution, and are definitely better than most dagger wielding classes in this category.
Unlike Arena, Siege requires characters to be resilient and be able to battle extensively against multiple opponents, especially if you are a melee class. As Humans, Treasure Hunters have an ample amount of HP and DEF to withstand a number of attacks before they fall in battle. Their Sand Bomb skill is a good utility to “blind” enemies and reduce their accuracy, while Backstab allows you to teleport and move closer to stun surrounding enemies.
Treasure Hunters excel in PvE, especially in Elite Dungeons and Field. With balanced stats and bonus in Evasion, you will be able to survive enemy waves without much struggle. However, the only downside with Treasure Hunters in a PvE party is that they do not provide a team buff to increase their DPS.
Treasure Hunter is the class for you if you are willing to try a well-rounded melee character that has fast skill cooldowns paired with cunning utility skills.
- High survivability for a Rogue class
- Able to lower enemy accuracy to increase your own survivability
- Very high evasion rate, one of the highest in the game
- Unique passive, with an increase in damage with every successful evasion
- Has a 3 second stun which is longer compared to other classes
- Fast moving character, able to move across the map very quickly, thanks to his Quickstep
- Among dagger classes, considered one of the more balance ones (in terms of stats)
- Opponents will find it very difficult to hit you, even if they have high accuracy
- Has a higher base HP compared to other Rogues due to Human race attribute
- Lacks party buffs that help improve your party’s DPS
- High demand in mana potions because of low-skill cooldown
- Lacking in burst damage as a Rogue Class
- Since being a balanced class, does not really excel in a specific area of the game
|Weapon||Cerberus (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Mithril Dagger (PvE magical monsters)|
|Doom Dagger (PvE normal monsters)|
|Crystal Dagger (Boss hunt)|
|Dark Screamer (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Quickstep and Haste). Prioritize passive skills that adds damage output (Rogue Weapon Mastery, Sneak, Improve Critical Attack). Next, focus on your active skills, Backstab and Sand Bomb, as they add up a significant increase in damage per level. Then, add excess skill points to Haste and Light Armor Mastery to add Evasion to your repertoire. The least priority is upgrading Quickstep, as it has marginal returns per level.
PvP Arena Skillset – Assault Slash or Mortal Blow / Backstab / Sand Bomb
PvP Siege Skillset – Haste or Assault Slash or Mortal Blow / Backstab / Sand Bomb
PvE Skillset – Haste / Backstab / Sand Bomb
|Active||Assault Slash||Dashes through enemies while attacking, briefly stunning them.||6th (choose 1)||X|
|Mortal Blow||Charges up, then attacks at full power and knocks down the enemy.||6th (choose 1)||X|
|Sand Cloud||Sprays dirt forward that damages enemies. Affected enemies will have trouble seeing and have drastically decreased Accuracy.||4th||4th/5th|
|Back Stab||Teleports behind an enemy to deal damage and stun nearby enemies.||5th||4th/5th|
|Haste||Increases Atk. Spd. and Evasion drastically for a moment.||7th||6th|
|Passive||Rogue Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Dagger or Bow is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Light Armor Mastery||Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||8th||7th|
|Quick Step||Increases the Speed of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||9th||8th|
|Sneak||Decreases cooldown of skills (delay 6 seconds) and increases Atk. for 3 seconds upon dodging.||2nd||2nd|
|Improve Critical||Improve Critical Attack: Increases Crit. Rate and Critical Damage.||3rd||3rd|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Sneak and Improve Critical should be prioritized to improve your basic attack damage. Treasure Hunters get most of their damage from the basic skills
- Haste should be used to move around the map quicker, allowing faster levels.
- Prioritize Rogue Weapon Mastery for added damage, Light Armor Mastery for additional points in evasion.
- Haste, while very useful in PvE, should not be prioritized to increase levels because the level scaling per level has minimal effect.
- Evasion is your defensive stat priority to fully utilize the capability of Sneak skill.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Attack Speed / Critical Damage or P. Atk||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Evasion (All)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed or Evasion||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Atk. Speed / Critical Resist / P. Def or HP Drain||Green - Evasion (All)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion (All)|
|Ring - P. Atk / Critical Damage / Critical Rate or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion (All)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Nassen accessory set allows you to move extremely fast with your already high movement speed. This amplifies your mobility in PvE and PvP battles that directly affects speed in leveling, manual evasion and positioning. Elven accessory set is another option to further increase your P. Atk and add a bonus stun resistance.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. In Sieges, use Healing Strike/Absolute Shield and Defense Zone to add survivability. While Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are the ideal set of rare skills while farming in AFK mode.
- In PvP Siege:
- Haste > Defense Zone > Charge through clustered enemies > Backstab > Sand Bomb > Tank enemy hits > Healing Strike when your HP falls at around 50% > Backstab > Sand Bomb > Get in a safe position and move out with your high movement speed
- In PvP Arena
- Backstab > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Assault Slash / Mortal Blow > Sand Bomb > Normal attacks > Backstab