Welcome To The Ultimate Temple Knight Guide!
Temple Knights are Elves (Warrior) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Sword and Shield and wear Heavy Armor. Notably, Temple Knights are one of the most reliable tanks in the game, alongside Paladins and Guardians. Their unique skill, Aegis Stance, makes them invulnerable to damage for 5 seconds, which makes them extremely annoying to face in PvP battles. As Elves, they enjoy naturally high Evasion, as well as high DEF, due to their tankiness.
Temple Knights are also capable of dealing a good amount of damage because of their high damage multiplier from their skills. Due to this, they are easy to use in PvE scenarios because their AoE skills (Tribunal and Eva’s Grace) can clear enemy waves very quickly. Although they do not have significant high burst damage, compared to Human and Dark Elf classes, they are extremely reliable in farming while AFK. Another important advantage of Temple Knights is that they reduce the HP regeneration of enemies around them, using Eva’s Grace skill. So when you’re fighting against bosses with a high healing rate such as the Queen Ant, Temple Knights can easily negate regeneration to help kill enemies faster.
Temple Knights shine brightest in PvP events, especially Siege and Clan Wars. In Siege, Aegis Stance allows you to tank all the incoming attacks, thus protecting backline damage dealers. Aegis Stance also enables you to pass through opponents easily and negate damage while imprinting altars/artifacts, and it can also help you move out of the danger zone when your HP is critically low. Additionally, Eva’s Grace also overturns the enemy frontlines, by reducing their healing rate so that your damage dealers can easily burst fire them down.
Overall, Temple Knights are one of the underrated classes, due to their slow pace in leveling, but come endgame, Temple Knights are one of the most valuable classes in the majority of PvP fights.
If you want to play a melee tanking class that can dominate PvP in endgame, Temple Knight is a perfect choice for you!
- Skillset makes Temple Knight an excellent character for PvP
- Good tanking capabilities in both PvP and PvE due to Aegis Stance
- Strong in Siege Battles since Aegis Stance can be synergized with Tribunal
- Works best when partied with strong, but squishy allies such as Abyss Walker or Plains Walker, since her aggro can take the enemy’s focus away from them
- Has one of the highest DPS stats during Eva’s Grace duration. However, this only applies if the enemy stays within range, making it ideal for large-scale fights where movement is limited.
- Low overall damage, making it hard for solo play in places like Elite Dungeons
- Lacks party buffs that help improve your party’s DPS
- Potion consumption heavy. HP Drain substat should be invested in early on to save potions, especially at the start of the game
- Very reliant on Def and Evasion stats, making her an easy target for enemies with high Accuracy.
|Weapon||Dunamiss Sword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|StormBringer (PvE magical monsters)|
|Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Sword (Boss hunt)|
|Sword of Revolution (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Righteous Fury and Parry Mastery). To help you progress quickly in the early stages of the game, focus adding skill points on Warrior Weapon Mastery (Passive) to increase normal attack damage. Next, prioritize on your active skills, Tribunal and Eva’s Grace to gain an AoE damage burst against enemy waves. Although Aegis Stance is a very important skill, you won’t need the level up bonuses until you reach the end game, so it is best to place Passive Skills as your mid-priority. Elder Avoidance and Defense Aura provide significant increase per level, so they are the first to upgrade on your passives, followed by Parry Mastery, Heavy Armor Mastery, and Righteous Fury.
PvP Arena and Siege Skillset – Aegis Stance / Tribunal / Eva’s Grace
PvE Skillset – Tribunal / Eva’s Grace / Aegis Stance or Energy Blast
|Active||Tribunal||A broad swing to deal damage, knockdown enemies, and provoke them to attack you.||2nd||2nd|
|Eva’s Grace||Creates a holy area on the ground that deals damage over time to enemies within the area and decreases their HP Regen.||3rd||3rd|
|Aegis Stance||Becomes invulnerable to damage for a short period of time and increases Speed.||8th||9th|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear, Dual Swords||1st||1st|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||7th||8th|
|Defense Aura||Increases the Def. of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||5th||5th/6th|
|Righteous Fury||Increases damage dealt to monsters and decreases damage taken from monsters. Increases the aggression level of the attacks.||9th||4th|
|Elder Avoidance||Has a Chance of generating a buff that increases Evasion Rate when attacked.||4th||5th/6th|
|Parry Mastery||Has a chance of decreasing the damage taken when attacked.||6th||7th|
|Elven Potential||Agile movements allow them to have higher Evasion against enemy attacks. (Bonuses to Evasion, Speed, and M. Atk.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔(Arena)||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔(Arena)||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔(Siege)||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Aegis Stance is amazing in 1v1 Arena since the enemy AI will use their active skills in the first few seconds of the fight
- The Aegis Stance buff is a good combo with Tribunal skill which taunts enemies to attack you.
- In PvE particularly Elite Dungeon, you may swap Aegis Stance for Energy Blast to deal more DPS.
- Prioritize Warrior Weapon Mastery for added damage, Defense Aura for enemy damage decrease and Elder Avoidance for percentage increase in evasion.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage or P. Atk / Attack Speed or HP Drain||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Penetration / Evasion||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Speed / Evasion||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - P. Def / Critical Resist / Resilience or HP Drain||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Critical Resist / CC Resist or HP Drain||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Ring - P. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or Penetration||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Don’t only focus on Active Skills — Passive skills provide good boosts Temple Knight stats. Increase Warrior Weapon Mastery for damage, Heavy Armor and Parry Mastery for reduced damage to compensate the Elves low HP, and most importantly Elder Avoidance to provide percentage increments on your evasion stats.
- Take advantage of Aegis Stance speed buff. It provides a good opportunity to chase down enemies or to provide a quick getaway from a fight.
- Temple Knight pairs extremely well with a Shillien Elder, where his Empower skill synergizes VERY well with a Temple Knight.
- Also pairs well with full damage dealers in a party where Temple Knights can just focus on tanking, especially in Siege, where pushing early game is vital to the flow of the game.
- In Mass PvE, it is efficient to kite and group your enemies in a cluster before you cast your AoE skills.
- Elven, Black Ore and Nassen Accessories are recommended sets for Temple Knight. Elven Set allows you to deal more damage and provides you with Stun Resist, which will block any disabling attempts from the enemy. Nassen Accessory Set allows you to move extremely quickly, on top of your high base move speed, allowing you to easily chase enemies or disengage in battle. On the other hand, the Black Ore Accessory Set allows you to be extremely tanky, compensating for your low base HP and leaving you worry-free in 1v1 PvP, Elite Dungeon, and Boss Battles.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. In Sieges, go for Healing Strike/Absolute Shield and Defense Zone/Missile Bolt.
- In PvP Siege:
- Get close to the enemy lines > Use Tribunal then Eva’s Grace or vice-versa depending on situation > Defense Zone to mitigate damage or Missile Bolt to pick off an enemy > Aegis Stance to tank enemy hits or disengage in battle > Absolute Shield > Normal attacks (HP potion should be available, else move back)
- In PvP Arena
- Aegis Stance (right before the enemy casts all skills) > Eva’s Grace > Tribunal > Missile Bolt > Meteor Shower > Normal attacks