Welcome To The Ultimate Spellsinger Guide!
Spellsingers are Elves (Mystic) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes. Spellsingers are the “Ice Mages” of the game, who can cast frost attacks that slow down enemy speed, stunning them for 2 seconds. They deliver decent damage and can also provide support utility through passive skills, Frost Sigil and Death Whisper, which makes them prominent leaders of party battles. Additionally, Spellsingers regain HP from their attacks which largely contributes to their survivability.
Spellsingers are masters of PvE because they can frequently control the enemy’s movement using fast cooldowns and their Crowd Control skills, Blizzard and Ice Spear. Due to the fact that Spellsingers amplify damage taken by the enemy, and can cast skills more frequently, your party can go all out in attacks, and not have to worry as much about survivability. However, Spellsingers will find solo battles challenging, due to their low base HP and DEF, as well as their lower DPS, when fighting alone. Likewise with PvP Arena, Spellsingers can be extremely fragile, as one combo from the enemy can often be fatal.
As a Spellsinger, you must be crafty with game mechanics and choose a favorable skillset and stats to outshine opponents.
Having a Spellsinger in a party is a phenomenal asset, as she can boost the team’s overall damage output and productivity. Farming cores as a party would be easy with Spellsinger, as she can provide Crowd Control, increased party DPS, and support utilities. She is the right character for you if you are a party-oriented player.
- Short cooldowns on all skills with sustained damage (18s compared to other classes with 22s cooldowns)
- Good mix of spells, with slow crowd control and self-heals
- Synergizes well with other classes in any multi-PvP fights due to crowd control
- Some consider her to be the best non-healer Mage in PvP due to her skills
- Not suitable for players who want a high DPS character
- Not the best character for 1v1 or solo play due to low single-target damage
- Overall very strong crowd control class in PvP, but requires support from other classes to finish off the enemies
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Frost Sigil, Attacking Light Heal and Death Whisper). Prioritize leveling up the passives that contribute to attack power, since these will constitute most of your bulk damage (Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery). Next to prioritize are the active skills since they synergize well with your passive Frost Sigil, adding damage to slowed units.
PvP (Arena/Siege) Skillset – Flame Strike / Blizzard / Ice Spear
PvE Skillset – Wind Strike / Blizzard / Ice Spear
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||7th||X|
|Wind Strike||Brings forth a gust of wind that penetrates through enemies in a straight line to attack.||X||8th|
|Ice Spear||Launches an ice spear in front to deal powerful damage and slow affected enemies.||6th||5th/6th/7th|
|Blizzard Storm||Summons a snowstorm around yourself that attacks the area and deals damage. Affected enemies will be slowed and stunned.||4th/5th||5th/6th/7th|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd||2nd|
|Death Whisper||Increases the Critical Damage of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||3rd||3rd|
|Frost Sigil||Increases damage when attacking enemies affected by movement impairing effects.||4th/5th||4th|
|Attacking Light Heal||Has a chance of recovering HP when attacking.||8th||5th/6th/7th|
|Elven Potential||Agile movements allow them to have higher Evasion against enemy attacks. (Bonuses to Evasion, Speed, and M. Atk.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Attacking Light Heal is excellent for long-term sustainability. If you’re good on that end, go for Frost Sigil to increase your DPS.
- Go for Ice Spear and Blizzard, since those will be your main active skills.
- Frost Sigil is a crucial skill for clan PvP (enemies are easier to kill when they have the slow debuff)
- Attacking Light Heal and Frost Sigil can stay at level 1, as they aren’t really a big priority, since the level scaling is minimal. Just level them when you have the extra points after upgrading your active skills.
- Death Whisper is a great Passive Buff that adds critical damage bonus to your party up to 50+%
- In PvE, use Wind Strike on your 3rd skill slot. This provides higher DPS than Flame Strike.
- In PvP, use Flame Strike over Wind Strike to add Crowd Control capability.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / M. Atk or Penetration||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Penetration / Evasion or CD decrease||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Evasion / Speed or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - P. Def / M. Def / Critical Resist or CD decrease||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Prioritize Penetration stat for enemies with high HP and DEF.
- Skill combos are essential for a Spellsinger. Some skills like Blizzard should be cast after Ice Spear to maximize damage.
- Getting HP drain on your equipment will significantly boost your survivability. For some players, this may be essential for solo farming.
- Don’t spam all your skills at once in PvP — whittle down the enemy to killing range before CCing and using your rare skills to finish them off
- Skill cooldown decrease substat will significantly boost your DPS with Spellsingers’ already low cooldown skills.
- Nassen, Black Ore and Elven are the best accessory sets for Spellsinger. Nassen will allow you to kite enemies with added movespeed, plus your slow debuff makes it even harder for opponents to catch you. Critical Resist bonus from Black Ore set will also greatly increase your survivability in battles. Elven set is also viable to compensate for your lack of Atk. damage and improve your stun resist.
- When charging towards an enemy:
- [Mid Range] Ice Spear > Blizzard (within 5 seconds after Ice Spear to gain damage bonus from Frost Sigil) > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt > Flame Strike
- When the enemy is charging towards you:
- Flame Strike > Ice Spear > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt > Blizzard
- Ice Spear > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt > Blizzard > Flame Strike
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in Arena PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are must haves for AFK-farming.