Welcome To The Ultimate Slayer Guide!
Slayers are Dwarves (Warrior) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Dualswords or Spears, and wear Heavy Armor. Slayers are the epitome of Jack-of-all-trades in Lineage 2: Revolution, as they are able to deal significant damage, move fast, and are simultaneously tanky, thanks to their Dwarven abilities (High HP and DEF). They are the toughest to kill out of all the offensive tankers from the Warrior Class (Warlord, Swordsinger, Bladedancer, and Slayer).
Slayers excel in both PvE and PvP, as they are able to amplify their potential using the Angry Dwarf skill. Angry Dwarf allows them to boost up their ATK stat and further improve their defense. They can be purely offensive due to their additional damage buff, or function as a semi-tank for your team, whenever the Angry Dwarf skill is activated. Leveling, grinding the field, and dungeons are easy obstacles for Slayers, which make them one of the most recommended classes for beginners.
The base stats and skillset combinations of Slayers allow them to gain damage momentum in drawn out fights. Their active skills, Crave Impact and Lucky Berserker, can provide a fixed chance to hit enemies. Once activated, bonus damage and attack speed are significantly buffed. Passive skills such as Warrior Weapon Mastery, Attack Aura, and Combat Mastery, further amplify their attack power.
In PvP, Slayers have two Crowd Control (CC) attacks. One of their CC skills, Leap Attack, can be cast from afar, which allows them to jump and deliver their first blow successfully. Because of their mobility, Slayers can also kite and manually dodge enemy skills. In PvE, Slayers are also excellent characters, as they have several Area of Attack (AoE) skills, which is crucial to clearing waves faster.
Slayers are easily likeable because of their balanced build, and their ability to adapt to various scenarios in the game. If you enjoy close combat and dealing respectable damage as a tank, then this is the character for you!
- Hybrid class with both offensive and tank capabilities
- Angry Dwarf is a unique skill that greatly boosts your attack and defense. It is perfect for both PvP and PvE situations.
- Naturally high defense, thanks to its Race Potential
- Excels more in PvP due to multiple knockdown skills with large AoE range (2 from the start, 1 from Class Transfer)
- One of the more popular Dwarf classes in the game
- Tankiest among the four “Offensive Warriors”
- Slow attack speed makes it difficult to kill characters who rely on Evasion and speed
- Average skill multipliers and DPS, especially if Angry Dwarf isn’t active
- Doesn’t offer any burst damage, but has huge DPS capabilities in longer, drawn-out fights
|Weapon||Dunamiss Dualsword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Dual StormBringers (PvE magical monsters)|
|Dual Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Dualsword (Boss hunt)|
|Dual Sword of Revolution (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Crave Impact and Lucky Berserker). Prioritize leveling up the passives that contribute to attack power since normal hits will constitute most of your bulk damage (Warrior Weapon Mastery, Attack Aura and Combat Mastery).
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Rush Impact / Leap Attack / Angry Dwarf
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Angry Dwarf / Power Smash / Leap Attack
PvE Skillset – Power Smash / Leap Attack / Angry Dwarf
|Active||Rush Impact||Rushes toward enemies to deal damage and knock them down.||6th/7th||X|
|Power Smash||Attacks the area in front to deal massive damage to enemies within the area.||6th/7th||5th|
|Leap Attack||Jumps on a target to knockdown nearby enemies, briefly rendering them unable to act.||5th||4th|
|Angry Dwarf||While Active, increases Atk. and decreases Dmg. Taken||4th||6th|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear, Dual Swords||1st||1st|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||8th||7th|
|Attack Aura||Increases the Atk. of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||2nd||2nd|
|Crave Impact||Has a chance of generating a buff that increases Atk. when a Crit. Atk. lands.||10th||9th|
|Combat Mastery||Further increases Atk. when a Spear or Dual Swords is equipped.||3rd||3rd|
|Lucky Berserker||Has a chance to apply a buff that increases your party's Atk, Spd. when a Crit. Atk. lands.||9th||8th|
|Dwarven Potential||Their bodies are blessed by the heavens, presenting them with high HP. (Bonuses to P. Def. and Max HP.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Prioritize Warrior Weapon Mastery for damage boost, and Heavy Armor Mastery to enhance your defense.
- Crave Impact and Lucky Berserker can stay at level 1, as it isn’t really a big priority since the level scaling is minimal. Just level it until you have nothing else to upgrade.
- Angry Dwarf is a great Active Skill to add since each point to it has a noticeable change.
- In PvE, use Power Smash and Leap attack to inflict AoE damage and kill enemies faster.
- In PvP, using your Crowd Control (CC) skills (Rush Impact and Leap Attack) is essential.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage or P. Atk / Attack Speed||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Penetration / Evasion||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Atk. Speed / Crit Resist / HP Drain or Resilience||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - HP Drain / Speed / Critical Resist or Penetration||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring -Critical Rate / Critical Damage / P. Atk or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- When playing solo, focus on the skills that will give you more attack power. When in a party, focus on upgrading skills that will give benefit to your party such as Attack Aura and Lucky Berserker.
- Focus on getting Attack Speed on your Weapon to significantly boost your DPS. This is especially true for a slow-hitting class like Slayer.
- Absolute Shield is a great Rare Skill to pair with, since it will nullify the defense reduction
- Angry Dwarf should be used BEFORE the enemies use their Active Skills to minimize the damage taken on your end
- Both Spears & Dual Swords works fine with the Slayer Class. However, Dual Swords are normally favoured since Crave Impact & Lucky Berserker Passive works on a per-hit basis, meaning the faster-hitting Dual Swords will activate it much more often.
- In PvP situations like Siege and Clan War, Angry Dwarf is a good skill to boost up your overall Defense.
- You’ll want to disable (stun/knockdown) the enemy before damaging them. You have 2 Crowd Control skills, so use them wisely in PvP. Strike fast or wait for an opening before you charge through your opponents.
- Black Ore, Nassen, and Elven are the best accessory sets for Slayer. As a melee and Warrior class, the Critical Resist bonus from Black Ore set will greatly increase your survivability in battles. Nassen is also a viable set, if you want to move fast and manually evade attacks. Go for Elven if you want added P.Atk damage and stun resist.
- When charging towards an enemy:
- Angry Dwarf > Leap Attack > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt > Rush Impact > Normal hits
- Angry Dwarf > Rush Impact > Leap Attack > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt
- When the enemy is charging towards you:
- Angry Dwarf > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm and Missile Bolt > Rush Impact > Normal hits > Leap Attack
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in Arena PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.
Special thanks to CASTILLO (OMFG) and Sados (SainT) for reference and content contributions!