Welcome To The Ultimate Shillien Knight Guide!
Shillien Knights are Dark Elves (Warrior) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Sword and Shield, and wear Heavy Armor. Shillien Knights are offensive tanks who penetrate their enemies’ defenses and drain their HP. Thanks to their buffs, enemies nearby will be slowed and crippled by the Shillien Knight, when engaged in battle.
While Shillien Knights are less tanky than Paladins, they possess impressive damage and crowd control abilities. Compared to Bladedancers, they have slightly lower DPS and higher survivability. While they may not have the highest DPS in the Warrior class, the Shillien Knight’s balanced stats makes him easy to use in all areas of the game.
Unlike tanks such as Human Warriors, who largely rely on brute force, Shillien Knight’s tanking abilities stem from their ability to HP Drain while attacking to sustain themselves in battle. Because they do rely on HP Drain, instead of on base stats, they are not quite as tanky as Human Warriors; however, they have the ability to deal more damage, which allows them to really shine when leveling AFK.
PvE is an effortless job for Shillien Knights, because of higher survivability gained from Passive Skills such as Righteous Fury and Enhanced Drain. Coupled with Defense Aura and Ultimate Defense, Shillien Knights can withstand most enemy ambushes. Although it may take some time to kill the enemy, some players prefer the assurance of higher survivability, instead of banking their chances on glass cannons such as Abyss Walker or Bladedancer.
However, PvP — especially Arena matches — can be challenging for Shillien Knight players, since the Shillien Knight lacks the burst damage used by Rogues, and some of the Warriors and Mystic classes. As such, it is often best to prolong battles against tanky characters and adjust your playstyle to effectively counter each enemy type.
You will enjoy playing this character class, if you are the type of player who enjoys playing an offensive melee tank that lifesteals.
- Strong tank with good provokes and defense buffs.
- HP Drain attacks (Life Leech and Enhanced Drain) increases survivability significantly
- As a Dark Elf with naturally high ATK and CRIT stat, Shillien Knights can cause more damage than any other tank in the game.
- Able to solo AFK farm, due to strong life leeching capabilities. Easier for PvE, compared to other tanks.
- Saves a ton of HP potions due to life leech, making this character class very Adena friendly
- Chain Hydra is one of the best CC skills in the game, especially for large PvP fights
- Shillien Knight’s skillset allows him to clear dungeons that have significantly higher power requirements than your current CP.
- With the right skill setup, Shillien Knights can be great in both PvP and PvE.
- If you’re looking for an absolute tank for Sieges, a Shillien Knight isn’t for you. They’re often the first tanks to die in fights and will never spend the most time on the frontlines of Fortress Siege.
- Lacks range attacks, making it easy to get kill-stealed
- Also from being a Dark Elf, he has the lowest HP for a warrior class. Think of him as an offensive tank.
|Weapon||Dunamiss Sword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|StormBringer (PvE magical monsters)|
|Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Sword (Boss hunt)|
|Sword of Revolution (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
|Arbol Set (Retain Combo Duration)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (particularly Righteous Fury and Enhanced Drain). It is important to prioritize your Warrior Weapon Mastery, Chain Hydra and Life Leech, as these skills will be your staple source of damage. Defensive buffs and Passives should follow to ensure survivability.
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Rush Impact / Chain Hydra / Life Leech
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Ultimate Defense / Chain Hydra / Life Leech
PvE Skillset – Ultimate Defense / Chain Hydra / Life Leech
|Active||Rush Impact||Rushes toward enemies to deal damage and knock them down.||5th/6th||X|
|Life Leech||Swings the weapon widely to attack enemies and drain a portion of their HP. Decreases Def. of affected enemies.||4th||5th|
|Chain Hydra||Pulls enemies to you to deal damage, stun them, and force them to attack you.||3rd||4th|
|Ultimate Defense||Increases Def. and decreases attacking enemies' Speed for a period of time.||5th/6th||3rd|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear, Dual Swords||1st||1st|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||7th||6th|
|Defense Aura||Increases the Def. of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||2nd||2nd|
|Righteous Fury||Increases damage dealt to monsters and decreases damage taken from monsters. Increases the aggression level of the attacks.||8th/9th||7th/8th|
|Enhanced Drain||Has a chance of generating a buff that absorb HP when attacked.||8th/9th||7th/8th|
|Dark Elven Potential||Their splendid battle senses grant them a higher Crit. Rate when attacking enemies. (Bonuses to Acc. and Crit. Rate.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Righteous Fury and Enhanced Drain isn’t really a big priority, since the level scaling is minimal. You can leave it at a low level until you have nothing else to upgrade.
- Ultimate Defense (Active) should be given priority to increase survivability.This skill makes you even tougher to beat, with Defense Aura.
- Both active skills (Chain Hydra and Life Leech) are fantastic AOE skills that can be used in PvP and PvE.
- In PvE, Ultimate Defense is important to increase survivability and slow down enemies, allowing you to cleave attacks towards them.
- In PvP, using your Crowd Control skills (Rush Impact and Chain Hydra) is essential.
- Prioritize Warrior Weapon Mastery for Damage, and Light Armor Mastery & Defense Aura for Survivability
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage or P. Atk / Attack Speed||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Penetration or Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Penetration / Evasion or Ignore Def Damage||Yellow - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)||Boots - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed or Evasion or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Atk. Speed / Critical Resist / Resilience||Green - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Critical Resist / Penetration||Black - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Ring - P.Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or Penetration||Blue - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- As a tank, it’s important to prioritize getting some good quality Heavy Armor. (High grade, level, and enhancement. If possible, try to complete a Rare set)
- Shillien Knights work best when playing in a party. As an offensive tank, you are able to taunt enemies to attack you using Chain Hydra, which enhances the survivability of your party. Your added Defense Buffs and Lifesteal Buffs are key to staying alive.
- In PvP situations such as Sieges and Clan war, use Ultimate Defense to close the gap between enemies. After that, you can use your Active skills to knock the enemy down, while slowly maintaining your health with Life Leech
- You can use burst attacks against Mages and Rogues. However, you will have trouble fighting enemies from your own class, such as Warlords, Temple Knights, etc. That being said, it is still possible for you to win in a drawn out fight by manually evading enemy hits by kiting them, and then waiting for cooldown.
- You can activate Soul Shots just for your Active Skills, to boost your HP Drain
- You’ll want to disable (stun/knockdown) the enemy before damaging them. You have 2 Crowd Control skills, Rush Impact and Chain Hydra, so use them wisely in PvP.
- Black Ore and Elven are the best accessory sets for a Shillien Knight. As a melee and Warrior class, you will need a Critical Resist bonus from Black Ore set to increase your survivability in battles. If you want added P.Atk damage and stun resist, go for Elven.
- When charging towards an enemy:
- Chain Hydra > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm > Life Leech > Rush Impact > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt.
- Rush Impact > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Storm > Life Leech > Chain Hydrea > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt.
- When the enemy is charging towards you:
- Chain Hydra > Life Leech > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Rush Impact > Normal hits.
- [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Chain Hydra > Life Leech > Rush Impact > Normal hits.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in Arena PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.
Special thanks to VictoryEXE (Imperial), CASTILLO (OMFG) and Sados (SainT) for reference and content contributions!