Welcome To The Ultimate Shillien Elder Guide!
Shillien Elders are Dark Elves (Mystic) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes. Shillien Elders are called Offensive Healers because they are a support class that heal allies based on the amount of spell damage dealt to the enemy. Their active skill, Vampiric Touch, recovers HP in proportion to damage. Unlike Bishops, Elders, and Sages, players of Shillien Elders must increase offensive stats to maximize the amount of healing to be truly effective.
If the party already has decent survivability, adding a Shillien Elder reinforces survivability and maintains the team’s high DPS, as the Shillien Elder is capable of dealing a good amount of damage. This is perfect for AFK core farming and group PvE. While other support characters function by providing buffs to allies, Shillien Elders strip the active buffs from enemies with their skill, Bloody Rage, which makes opponents susceptible to damage, and increases the speed of kills! Additionally, it must be noted that Shillien Elders not only heal party members with Vampiric Touch, but also with the passive skill, Aggression.
In PvE, Shillien Elders perform better than other healers when it comes to the speed of clearing enemy waves. With 2 AoE skills, Elite Dungeons are a breeze, as long as your party has the right combination of characters. However, Shillien Elders may find solo battles such as Field leveling and quests to be challenging, especially when fighting Field bosses, due to their low HP and DEF.
In PvP Siege, when used properly, Shillien Elders can provide an advantage. Even if they don’t have a skill that disables enemy, their ability to strip enemy buffs can change the flow of the game to your favor. Because Shillien Elders are offensive support characters, they perform best in Assault teams. However, Shillien Elders do not excel in Arena due to their lack of DPS as a solo unit that is squishy by nature.
The Shillien Elder is an enjoyable class if you prefer to provide offensive support, where healing your party while dealing high damage is your priority.
- Offensive healer — heals are based on the damage you do to the enemy
- Active and Passive skills gives sustained heal to parties in long fights
- Hybrid class that does a good amount of damage while supporting the party
- Does a better job than other healers in the game in story progression, since you can deal damage
- Great at potion saving, which means more Adena for other parts of the game
- Lacks strong single-target damage and Crowd Control, making them pretty weak in solo PvP fights & Bosses
- Requires a good amount of manual control to play well, especially in the early to mid stages of the game
- Low defense and HP for a Healer
- Heal is difficult to manage, since the AI doesn’t wait for your party’s HP to be low before using Vampiric Touch (Unlike the potion mechanics and other Healer skills)
- Slow attack animations
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Aggression). Similar to most classes, the priority is to max out passive skills that add up to your attack stats (Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery), this will help you in finishing quests faster as a solo unit. Then you may start upgrading your Active skills Vampiric Touch and Bloody Rage to boost up your AoE damage for faster wave clearing, allowing you to be effective while in party. For your active buff, just keep Empower at level 1. Lastly, upgrade Boost HP and Aggression, since they provide marginal returns.
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Empower / Vampiric Touch / Bloody Rage
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Flame Strike / Vampiric Touch / Bloody Rage
PvE Skillset – Empower / Vampiric Touch / Bloody Rage
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||5th||X|
|Vampiric Touch||Attack enemies in front of you and recover your HP and party member HP in proportion of damages you did.||3rd/4th||3rd|
|Bloody Rage||Blasts a dark element shockwave around you to deal heavy damage and slow enemies. Removes buffs from affected enemies.||3rd/4th||4th|
|Empower||During the duration, HP does not fall below a certain level and HP regains a small amount.||6th||5th|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd||2nd|
|Boost HP||Increases the Max HP of you and your party|
members. This effect is region wide.
|Aggression||Bestows a small rate of HP Drain to a party member continuously.||7th/8th||6th|
|Dark Elven Potential||Their splendid battle senses grant them a higher Crit. Rate when attacking enemies. (Bonuses to Acc. and Crit. Rate.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Vampiric Touch is a priority over Bloody Rage for more damage and heals
- Passive Skills (Mage Weapon Mastery & Robe Armor Mastery) are a priority over Active Skills
- Boost HP and Aggression should not be focused on apart from Level 1
- Flame Strike is needed in Arena to have a knockdown skill that opens up combo attacks.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / M. Atk or Penetration||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / Penetration / M.Def or Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / Speed / M. Def or Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Penetration / Evasion or CD decrease||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Speed / Evasion or CD decrease||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - P. Def / M. Def or HP Drain / Critical Resist or CD decrease||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Unlike other healers, P. Atk & M. Atk is important since more damage = more heals
- Healing Strike is a great Rare Skill since it helps a lot in sustaining yourself
- Empower is an amazing skill in Fortress Siege. Use it right before a fight breaks out to be able to survive fatal damage for at least 5 seconds.
- Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery is your topmost priority to max out so it will speed up your progression early-mid game.
- Since Shillien Elders are Dark Elves they are the squishiest of all Healer classes so it is beneficial to allocate some HP and DEF stats to compensate for the disadvantage.
- Nassen and Elven Accessory sets are recommended for this class. Nassen is a good Accessory set to boost up your movespeed, which allows you to move fast from one position to another. Elven Set for more damage and stun resistance.
- In PvP Siege:
- Use Bloody Rage when the enemies are pushing the lane to remove existing buffs.
- Use Vampiric touch to hit multiple enemies, more total damage results to more party HP regeneration.
- When in danger or when you tank heavy damage, use Empower to prevent yourself from dying. The buff lasts for 5 seconds.
- In PvP Arena
- Flame Strike > Bloody Rage > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower + Missile Bolt > Vampiric Touch > Attack from a distance > Kite enemies around the area and wait until your skills are on cooldown.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. In Sieges, use Healing Strike and Defense Zone to add survivability. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are must haves for Elite Dungeon Farming.