Welcome To The Ultimate Sage Guide!
Sages are Dwarves (Mystic) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes. They are one of the most popular Dwarf classes alongside Slayer, as they are arguably the best PvP support class. Not only do they heal allies, but they also boost the overall HP and DEF of a party. This allows party members to charge through enemy lines without fear, thanks to their increased survivability. Similar to Bishops, Sages are dedicated supports as they have multiple HP regeneration buffs that helps them protect their allies (Divine Protection, Great Vitality, Fortify and Boost HP).
Thanks to their Dwarven Potential, Sages have additional P. Def and Crit Resist, allowing them to perform wonderfully in solo battles and quests. Additionally, their active skill, Divine Clap, has a wide Area of Effect (AoE), dealing continuous damage to enemies around them. Sages are a valuable asset to the team, especially to glass cannons, who can enjoy a decreased risk of dying from enemy burst attacks. Their passive skill, Lucky Pure Heal, has a chance of recovering a certain amount of HP while being attacked, which makes them great to partner with Rogues such as Abyss Walker and Plains Walker, to help produce high party DPS while keeping party members safe.
In PvE, Sages are the ultimate companion in Elite Dungeons, especially when the party decides to AFK. Additionally, Sages can be paired with 4 DPS characters as teammates while being the sole healer/support. Since your party DPS is high, you will be able to kill off monsters quickly, with more core drops. The same principle applies to Field farming. The Sage’s passive skills are region-wide, which provides a party with beneficial buffs, even if they are killing monsters that are scattered far from each other. However, it will be important to stay within 10 meters of your party to benefit from core drops. Please also keep in mind that it will take more time to finish the main quest, as a Sage’s DPS is quite low compared to most Mystic classes.
In PvP Arena, Sages are hard to kill, but it will also be difficult for them to take down enemies within the time constraint. It will also be challenging to kill tanks and healers, because running out of time means losing the battle. Nevertheless, facing Rogue classes will be an advantage, since they are squishy in nature. Despite minor disadvantages in 1v1 fights, Sages are popular in Group PvP such as Fortress Siege due to their strong supportive skills. Because they provide a high flat heal (as opposed to a percentage heal), they are excellent at pairing with squishy classes. Sages also provide HP regeneration and a Defense buff that allows Warriors to apply pressure to enemy lines, while also protecting Rogues from burst damages.
If you enjoy the benefit of having a high HP pool and being able to support allies via healing and buffs, then Sage is the class for you!
- Popular healer due to myriad of Active and Passive healing skills
- One of the best PvP healers in the game, boasting impressive flat heals, HP regeneration, and a Defense buff
- Popular in Fortress Siege, due to their strong supportive skills
- Multiple HP Regen skills allows allies to survive for a very long time
- Works well with squishier classes thanks to powerful HP boosts
- Has one of the highest HP and DEF stats among all classes
- Great offensive Crowd Control capabilities
- Great class for both solo and party play
- Strong heals allow you to win wars of attrition in 1v1 PvP. Very difficult to kill.
- No burst damage except for Rare skills
- Very low mana pool; heavy mana potion consumption
- Struggles in clearing enemies solo
- Not a high ranking class in Arena
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
|Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
Skill Priority and Usage
The priority is to max out passive skills that increase your attack stats (Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery). This will help you in your progression, since you will be spending a lot of time playing solo in the early stages of the game. As you hone your skills and start to join parties, level up the active skills Divine Protection and Great Vitality. Take advantage of the fast skill cooldown of your active skills to protect your allies efficiently. Lastly, level up your passive buffs to fortify your team’s survivability.
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Divine Protection / Divine Clap / Great Vitality
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Divine Protection / Divine Clap / Flame Strike
PvE Skillset – Divine Protection / Divine Clap / Wind Strike (Solo) or Great Vitality (Party)
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||7th||X|
|Wind Strike||Brings forth a gust of wind that penetrates through enemies in a straight line to attack.||X||6th|
|Divine Protection||Heals HP of you and your party members slightly and increases Def.||3rd||3rd|
|Divine Clap||Slams the ground to deal damage and stun enemies within the area.||4th||4th|
|Great Vitality||Increases Max HP of you and your party members.||5th/6th||7th|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd||2nd|
|Boost HP||Increases the Max HP of you and your party members. This effect is region wide.||9th||9th|
|Fortify||Increases HP regen of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||5th/6th||5th|
|Lucky Pure Heal||Has a 15% chance of recovering HP of you and your party members when attacked.||8th||8th|
|Dwarven Potential||Their bodies are blessed by the heavens, presenting them with high HP. (Bonuses to P. Def. and Max HP.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Passive Skills (Mage Weapon Mastery & Robe Armor Mastery) are a priority over Active Skills. It increases your attack and your heal amount, and thus should be one of your biggest priorities.
- Unlike other Dwarf Classes, Sage Active Skills are great to focus on. Divine Protection should be added whenever possible.
- If you want to focus playing with a party, you can stop upgrading Divine Clap after level 5 and allocate points to your passive skills.
- Great Vitality gives more HP per level than Boost HP, so Boost HP should be the lowest priority in your passive skills.
- Flame Strike is needed in Arena to have a knockdown skill that opens up combo attacks. Wind Strike is needed while farming in the field solo — you don’t need Great Vitality for non-party skirmishes.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / M. Atk / HP Drain or Critical Damage||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / HP Drain or Evasion or HP Regen||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Resilience of Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Resilience / Speed or Evasion||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - HP Drain / Critical Resist / Resilience||Green - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Critical Resist / HP Drain or HP Regen||Black - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Blue - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Unlike other healers, M. Atk is important since more damage = more heals
- Elven, Black Ore and Nassen Accessory sets are recommended for this class. Elven Set boosts up your attack stats that adds more damage and heals plus a savvy stun resistance. Black Ore allows you to be even more tanky and hard to kill. And well, it is self explanatory about Nassen since it is applicable to all classes to boost up your move speed.
- Healing Strike and Absolute Shield is a great Rare Skill since it helps a lot in sustaining yourself, especially when farming while AFK.
- Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery is your topmost priority to max out so it will speed up your progression early-mid game.
- In PvP Siege:
- Great Vitality > Defense Zone as you charge > Divine Clap to clustered enemies, stay in a close range with allies > Divine Protection to heal and increase Defense.
- In PvP Arena
- Flame Strike > Divine Clap > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower + Missile Bolt > Attack and tank enemy hits > Divine Protection when HP falls within 50% range > Continue attacking or wait for skill CD.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. In Sieges, use Healing Strike and Defense Zone to add survivability. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are must haves for Elite Dungeon Farming.