Welcome To The Ultimate Phantom Ranger Guide!
Phantom Rangers are Dark Elves (Rogue) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in bows and wear light armor. Phantom Rangers are capable of dealing fierce and accurate attacks, which gives them one of the highest DPS stats in game. Like Abyss Walkers (Dark Elf, Rogue), they are glass cannons — powerful, but fragile in nature.
Phantom Rangers are marksmen whose arrows can penetrate even the toughest opponents. They attack slowly, and sacrifice evasion for high Accuracy and enormous damage. Being that they are Dark Elves, they are characteristically low in HP and DEF, but have high ATK and CRIT stats. With high accuracy coming from Critical Sign and Guidance passive skills, a Phantom Ranger almost never misses even the craftiest, most evasive targets.
In Arena PvP, Phantom Rangers can take advantage of their Crowd Control skills (Stun Shot & Power Shot) to disable enemies, effectively stopping their ability to charge. Despite having a low Evasion stat, once a Phantom Ranger stuns or knocks down his enemy, he can activate his Fatal Counter buff. From then, his target has no choice, but to endure the wrath of direct attacks. In a party, although a Phantom Ranger does not provide useful buffs for the team, he is still a great asset in a group due to his enormous attack damage potential, increasing the party’s overall DPS.
PvE will be a challenge for Phantom Rangers. Archer classes usually have lower survivability, compared to Warriors who can tank and kill enemy waves using cleave attacks. However, despite this disadvantage, Phantom Rangers will be able to kill bosses faster, due to their ability to send a long-distance attack. This character will be fun to play if you enjoy having a long-ranged high-damage attack, be it in a party or solo.
- Has one of the highest DPS in the game
- Highest burst damage of any archer
- Partner with a good tank to take away the focus of the enemy from the Phantom Ranger will allow him to deal an amazing amount of damage
- With the right skill setup, Phantom Rangers are great in both PvP and PvE
- Popular in Fortress Siege, due to strong burst range damage. Your tanks can hold the front while you pick off the enemies
- Fragile class, where positioning is key
- One of the squishiest classes in the game (low HP and DEF)
- Average movement speed
- Long cooldown on skills
|Weapon||Upitear (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Elven Bow (PvE magical monsters)|
|Crystallized Ice Bow (PvE normal monsters)|
|Akat Long Bow (Boss hunt)|
|Light Crossbow (PvE elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (particularly Critical Sign,Guidance and Rapid Fire).
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Stun Shot / Fatal Counter / Power Shot (CC) or Death Sting (Burst)
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Power Shot / Stun Shot / Death Sting (Burst)
PvE Skillset – Rapid Fire / Fatal Counter / Death Sting (More DPS) or Stun Shot (CC)
|Active||Power Shot||Fires an arrow that damages and knocks down the enemy.||3rd/4th||X|
|Death Stinger||Fires a fierce arrow that penetrates enemies and deals powerful damage.||3rd/4th||4th/5th|
|Stun Shot||Deals damage and briefly stuns enemies.||2nd||4th/5th|
|Rapid Fire||A state that increases Atk. Spd. while decreasing Attack Range.||7th||6th|
|Fatal Counter||Gives up on evasion and focuses on offense, increasing Atk. greatly while in this state.||5th||2nd|
|Passive||Rogue Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Dagger or Bow is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Light Armor Mastery||Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||6th||3rd|
|Guidance||Increases the Accuracy of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||9th||8th|
|Critical Sign||When an attack lands, restores MP and has a chance of generating a buff that increases Accuracy Rate.||8th||7th|
|Dark Elven Potential||Their splendid battle senses grant them a higher Crit. Rate when attacking enemies. (Bonuses to Acc. and Crit. Rate.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- In PvE, Rapid Fire + Fatal Counter is best for farming
- In PvP, using your Crowd Control (CC) skills (Power Shot & Stun Shot) is essential.
- Prioritize Rogue Weapon Mastery for Damage, and Light Armor Mastery for Survivability
- Light Armor Mastery is especially important if you want to utilize Fatal Counter to make up for the lost evasion
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Attack Speed / Critical Damage or P. Atk||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / Evasion / Penetration||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / Evasion / Speed||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Attack Speed / Speed or Evasion||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Attack Speed / P. Def / HP Drain or Accuracy or Critical Resist||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Accuracy or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Ring - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / P. Atk or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Phantom Rangers are Evasion-build killers due to high Accuracy.
- You’ll want to disable (stun/knockdown) the enemy before damaging them
- Only use Fatal Encounter when the enemy is not charging, to avoid getting killed by the initial burst of damage. Alternatively, activate it AFTER your enemy has used all skills in Arena, so that you can survive the initial burst of damage
- With a proficient tank as your teammate to distract the enemy, you can strategically position yourself away from the frontline, while dealing massive damage from the backline.
- Nassen and Elven are the best accessory sets for Phantom Ranger. If you want to move fast and manually evade skills, go for Nassen. If you want added P.Atk damage and stun resist, go for Elven.
- When charging towards an enemy: Fatal Encounter > Stun Shot > Power Shot > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Normal Attacks > Restoration (when HP falls down to 80% and tanking enemy normal hits).
- When the enemy is charging towards you: Use Power Shot > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Fatal Encounter (while enemy is knocked down) > Stun Shot > Normal hits
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.
Special thanks to DevilViolet (OMFG), CASTILLO (OMFG) and Sados (SainT) for reference and content contributions!