Paladins are Humans (Warriors) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Sword and Shield, and wear Heavy Armor. They are considered the tank of the Human race, and are one of the best support characters for parties, due to their ability to taunt enemies and also reflect a portion of damage dealt.
Paladins have high HP and DEF while still being able to deal a lot of ATTACK damage to enemies. This character is popular and highly sought-after in parties/clans because of their ability to tank. Their disable ability lasts for 8 seconds against monsters, and 4 seconds against enemy players, which makes them a versatile character for either PvE or PvP. Whether you’re in the Elite Dungeons or Field Farming, or playing Siege, Paladins are a great addition to parties who want to be able to disable their opponents and take them down while they are weakened.
The Paladin’s stats are very balanced with good ATK and DEF. Their skills are used primarily in Crowd Control situations, which makes them very effective in dungeons. Thanks to their innate Crit Resist ability as Humans, and the damage reduction they receive from wearing Heavy Armor, Paladins are self-sufficient and are able to take a lot of damage, even against monsters past their level. They also are able to resist enemy combos, especially against other Warrior and Mystic classes.
This is the character for you if you enjoy supporting parties and tanking through most PvE or PvP scenarios.
- Considered to be one of the best Human classes, alongside Bishop.
- Great survivability. Easy to AFK farm and complete the storyline.
- Great tanking and damage capabilities.
- Top choice in Dungeons thanks to crowd control, defense buffs, and aggro.
- Group-favored class. Works better with a team than solo.
- Used as the main target / bait during boss raids thanks to being able to aggro the boss, allowing squishier teammates to focus on taking the boss down.
- Never expect yourself to be the top damage contributors, but you’ll be the MVP in 3v3 and Group PvP Clash via assists.
- Often avoided in Arena due to Silence skill, making them very hard to kill, assuming equal CP.
- Paladins can survive in Tower of Insolence levels where the recommended CP is 100,000 more than their current one. Just be aware of finishing within the time limit.
- One of the highest DEF with Active and Passive skills offering Def buffs (Parry Mastery, Defense Aura, and Majesty)
- Shines more in a party to help secure your allies in a good position. Also good in 1v1 PvP but it takes quite more time to level up and finish solo content.
- Slow farming speed due to lack of mobility and damage focus abilities.
- Low burst damage. Not suitable looking for damage-hungry players.
- Warlords will usually beat Paladins in a 1v1 fight assuming the same quality of equipment and stats.
- Takes a very long time to kill monsters solo in Elite Dungeon, requires a good party to do well there
|Weapon||Dunamiss Sword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|StormBringer (PvE magical monsters)|
|Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Sword (Boss hunt)|
|Accessories||Black Ore Set (PvP wise / Anti-Crit)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Arbol Set (Retain Combo Duration)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Prioritize passive skills first then figure out which one is best for active skills depending on your play style.
|Active||Slam||Swings the weapon in a large arc that damages, knockdown and provokes enemies.||2nd||3rd|
|Vengeance||Lets out a shout that attacks and provokes nearby enemies to attack you. Enemies who are hit become uncontrollable and can’t use skills temporarily.||1st||2nd|
|Majesty||Increases Def. for a moment and reflects a portion of the damage received.||3rd||1st|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear, Dual Swords||3rd / 4th||4th / 5th|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||3rd / 4th||4th / 5th|
|Defense Aura||Increases the Def. of you and your party members.||2nd||2nd / 3rd|
|Righteous Fury||Increases damage dealt to monsters and decreases damage taken from monsters. Increases the aggression level of the attacks.||5th||1st|
|Parry Mastery||Has a chance of decreasing the damage taken when attacked.||1st||2nd / 3rd|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||X||✔|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||X||✔|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔||X|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||✔||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Righteous Fury is only good for PvE. Shouldn’t be a priority to skill-up if you want to focus on PvP content.
- Vengeance is an excellent skill for PvP.
- Passives are the reason why a Paladin can be tanky, so you need to prioritize those that increases stats (Parry Mastery, Defense Aura). Always max them out first before allocating the excess skill points to Active skills.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal Sub Stats (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Critical Rate (Weapon/Ring)||Critical Damage (Purple/Orange/Red/Cyan/Silver)||Critical Rate (Helmet/Armor)|
|Critical Damage (Weapon/Ring)||Critical Resist (Yellow/Green/Blue)||Critical Resist (Saddle/Boots)|
|HP Drain or Attack Speed (Weapon/Necklace)||Resilience (Yellow/Green/Blue)||Resilience (Saddle/Boots)|
|Resilience (Armor/Necklace/Boots)||Evasion (Yellow/Green/Blue)||Evasion (Saddle/Boots)|
|Critical Resist (Necklace/Earring/Ring)|
*Note: If you are aiming to level fast, prioritize Bonus Exp. Gain substat above all else, then follow the priority list above.
Other Useful Class Tips
- With most in-game Dungeons having timers, having the right mix of survivability & damage is important.
- Too little damage and you won’t be able to clear a dungeon within the time limit
- Too little tankiness and you’ll die quickly
- Thus, stat prioritization is important. Based on the situation above, aim for tankiness or damage boosts like Elixirs, Weapon Enhancements, and substats
- Majesty returns incoming enemy damage, which is perfect against Rogue classes who deal high damage, but have low HP. You can use this skill to your advantage in PvP scenarios such as Arena or group PvP such as Siege.
- The Slam and Vengeance skills are great to use in PvP, as it taunts enemies, and prevents them from using their skills.
- Righteous Fury is beneficial in PvE and least priority for PvP, as it adds additional damage against monsters.
Special thanks to Sados (SainT), CASTILLO (OMFG) and allen12370 (Chinese Streamer) for their content contributions!