Welcome To The Ultimate Hawkeye Guide!
Hawkeyes are Humans (Rogue) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Bows and wear Light Armor. True to their name, Hawkeyes have the longest attack range, thanks to their active skill Snipe. Additionally, they can deal AoE damage and stun multiple enemies mid-range. They are also able to hit even the most evasive opponents due to their high Accuracy. Thanks to these many skill advantages, Hawkeyes are one of the easiest characters to level up, as they excel in both PvE and PvP.
Unlike Silver Rangers, Phantom Rangers, and Scavengers, Hawkeyes have a wide AoE ability (Arrow Rain) which increases the speed of monster clearing, and also deals accumulated damage to clustered opponents. However, despite these advantages, they move slowly, which can make it difficult to run away from enemies and avoid getting pinned down in attacks. With this in mind, as a Hawkeye, it is always important to attack from a good vantage point!
Hawkeyes are one of the best classes to finish quests quickly, as they have good survivability (high HP and DEF), despite being archers. As Humans, they are gifted with balanced stats and bonuses in ATK and CRIT RESIST. They can easily dominate the field to hunt monsters for resources and cores. However, fighting in dungeons is one of their weaknesses, because their range advantage cannot be heavily utilized. Additionally, their AoE skills cannot be spammed quickly; if enemies flock towards you, it would be difficult to cut loose given Hawkeye’s speed disadvantage.
Since Hawkeyes are essentially snipers, they are most effective when they are able to attack long-range. As a result, they are easy targets in 1v1 Arena, especially if they get too close to an opponent and are disabled. Unlike Silver Rangers, Hawkeyes can’t evade attacks as easily, due to their slow move speed. In order for this class to excel, you need good positioning; fighting in groups is highly recommended.
If you enjoy playing Archer classes that deal continuous damage to enemies and attack from the backlines, you will enjoy this character.
- Extremely high accuracy, making it easy to hit your targets
- Longest range in the game
- Has a speed debuff (Enhanced Slow) as one of his skills, which makes it easier to keep enemies at bay.
- Very useful in parties due to good AoE skills
- Good amount of HP and DEF for an archer class, which adds to his survivability
- Amazing in Sieges as he is considered the best archer in Fortress fights.
- Struggles in cluster maps such as Elite Dungeons and also does not perform well in 1v1 PvP.
- Requires a good amount manual controlling for positioning purposes
- Slow Movement Speed and a lack of evasion can lead him to get pinned down by opponents
|Weapon||Upitear (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Elven Bow (PvE magical monsters)|
|Crystallized Ice Bow (PvE normal monsters)|
|Akat Long Bow (Boss hunt)|
|Light Crossbow (PvE elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Enhanced Slow and Guidance). Prioritize Rogue Weapon Mastery to bolster your attack power, making it easy to kill enemies as you level up. To compensate for the lack of evasion, allocate points on Light Armor Mastery. Your 2 Active buffs are extremely important as it enhances your damage capabilities especially during PvE fights. The last priority to max are Enhanced Slow and Guidance as they have low marginal returns, so keeping them at level 1 would suffice.
PvP (Siege) Skillset – Snipe / Multiple Shot / Arrow Rain
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Snipe / Arrow Rain / Hawkeye or Multiple Shot
PvE Skillset – Snipe / Arrow Rain / Hawkeye or Multiple Shot
|Active||Multiple Shot||Hawkeye sprays penetrating arrows in a cone to do damage and knockdown enemies. The knockback lasts for 2 seconds.||3rd/4th||5th/6th|
|Arrow Rain||Showers arrows in a circle to do continuous damage to enemies within the area.||3rd/4th||3rd/4th|
|Snipe||Moves carefully to increase ATK and Accuracy Rate. Allows you to attack enemies far away but results in reduced Speed.||2nd||2nd|
|Hawkeye||Activates Hawkeye which increases Crit rate and damage dealt to enemies.||6th||3rd/4th|
|Passive||Rogue Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Dagger or Bow is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Light Armor Mastery||Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||5th||5th/6th|
|Enhanced Slow||When attack lands, slows enemy and causes bleeding.||7th/8th||7th/8th|
|Guidance||Increases the Accuracy of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||7th/8th||7th/8th|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Snipe is Hawkeye’s bread and butter, this is your main priority in active skills, as you will use it in both PvE and PvP
- Go for Hawkeye after that to boost your overall damage output, especially if you are more PvE oriented
- Rogue Weapon Mastery and Light Armor Mastery is important to increase survivability.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / P. Atk or Attack Speed||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / Evasion / Penetration||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / Evasion / Speed||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Speed / Evasion or Attack Speed||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Attack Speed / P. Def / HP Drain or Accuracy or Critical Resist||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Accuracy or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / P. Atk or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Rogue Weapon Mastery is your topmost priority to max out. Your skills, especially the ones that contribute to attack (including Snipe and Hawkeye), are extremely important early game to progress fast.
- Hawkeyes’ accuracy bonuses are attributed to the Guidance and Snipe skills, which pair well with the Hawkeye skill that increases your Crit Rate and Attack damage.
- Hawkeyes have the lowest evasion and HP among archers, but boast the highest accuracy
- Add points for MP regeneration in Soul Crystals to save mana potions, as this class has high mana consumption.
- Nassen is a good Accessory set to compensate for your lack of movespeed. This allows you to quickly change to a good attacking position. Elven Accessory Set is also a good option if you want to focus on adding DPS and gain Stun resistance.
- In PvP Siege:
- Find a good attacking position > Snipe > Attack from a good distance where enemies will find it hard to ambush > Find an opening for Multiple Shot or Arrow Rain > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Move further back and attack from afar.
- In PvP Arena
- Snipe > Multiple Shot > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Arrow Rain > Normal attacks
- Hawkeye > Snipe > Multiple Shot > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Move further back and attack from afar.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. In Sieges, you can replace Meteor Shower for Defense Zone to add survivability. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are must haves for Elite Dungeon Farming.