Welcome To The Ultimate Guardian Guide!
Guardians are Dwarves (Warrior) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Sword and Shield and wear Heavy Armor. Abundant in HP and DEF, they are the tankiest class in game alongside Paladin. Moreover, they provide excellent utility such as decreasing the enemy’s defense and attack power. Guardians also provide increase defense for party members and can assist in aggroing monsters to pull them towards you. This is especially useful in group fights like Elite Dungeons, Temporal Rifts, and even in Sieges.
Guardians can also dish out a good amount of damage. They have two AoE skills (Thrust and Earthquake) that can clear huge enemy waves, but don’t expect as much damage output as attack-oriented units like Slayer, your Dwarf Warrior counterpart. With your passive skill, Lucky Dexterity, you can cast your skills twice, which means, if you want to maximize your DPS, use Rare Skills whenever Lucky Dexterity is off cooldown (There is a shiny background around the skill circle every time Lucky Dexterity is available). It also provides an instantaneous heal whenever it is triggered (every 15 seconds) which adds more convenience to farming in PvE especially when you farm while AFK.
Guardians excel in endgame with clutch tanking capabilities against hard hitting monsters and characters. It is, however, difficult to progress in the early stages of the game, since Guardians need a party to excel and they don’t really shine as a solo unit due to low base ATK. Despite their sturdy build, they don’t have a constant DPS because active skills in L2R have longer cooldowns (around 20 seconds cooldown on average), meaning you have to rely on your normal attacks until your active skills are off cooldown.
A Guardian’s advantage in PvE over Damage-oriented classes like Rogues is that they can take heavy hits in boss fights found in sub-quests/weekly quests/field boss hunts. What this means is that you can leave the whole task in auto despite the slow finish. Given this fact, Guardians are extraordinary in group fights that can be major momentum shifters with the right usage of skills. The hard work in early game will pay off as you slowly transition towards playing group content (Elite Soul Crystal farming, Resource farming, Raids, Sieges, etc.)
If you enjoy playing as a tank in group-oriented battles, and are a player who does not only consider personal damage as the only factor for team success, then Guardian is the right class for you!
- One of the better tanks in the game alongside Paladin and Temple Knight
- Party-oriented class that is also reliable in solo play
- Very tanky with good Aggro control and utility
- Earthquake is a great skill to control a large group of enemies. It’s one of the key skills Guardians are known for
- Powerful class in Mass PvP fights like Sieges and Clan War
- Lucky Dexterity can allow you to spam your CC skills twice, extending your capacity for knocking the enemy down
- Decent AoE burst damage from Thrust and Earthquake, useful in applying debuffs on enemy waves
- Boosts the party’s overall survivability in teamfights, allowing you to add more DPS in a party
- Lacks innate damage and needs a party to excel
- Game progression is always a challenge compared to attack-oriented Warrior classes that can do just fine in solo quests (Main, Sub, Weekly quests)
- Weak in 1v1 PvP fights due to lack of damage, not advised to fight other Warrior classes and Healers
- Very limited in party buffs (Defense Aura only)
- Slow skill animations that can be avoided by fast moving characters like Elves
|Weapon||Dunamiss Sword (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|StormBringer (PvE magical monsters)|
|Samurai Long Sword (PvE normal monsters)|
|Dynasty Sword (Boss hunt)|
|Sword of Revolution (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Lucky Dexterity) to maximize your passive skill effects in the early stages of the game. Warrior Weapon Mastery, Parry Expertise, and Defense Aura are your core skills so you should always upgrade when available. Next, your skill priority will depend on whether you want to focus on PvE or PvP content. For PvE, Righteous Fury and Lucky Dexterity will be a priority over your active skills. If you focus on PvP, active skills are prioritized to maximize burst damage, Crowd Control and debuff applications.
PvP and PvE Skillset – Rush Impact / Thrust / Earthquake
PvE Skillset (AFK Farm) – Energy Blast or Rush Impact (optional) / Thrust / Earthquake. Healing Strike set to 50~60% HP activation threshold. Heal Potions at 20~30% HP activation threshold.
|Active||Energy Blast||Creates a concentration of energy in front and detonates it to deal damage to enemies.||8th||X|
|Thrust||A damaging swing that decreases enemy damage, and provokes them to attack you.||5th||7th|
|Earthquake||Slams the ground, damaging and knocking down enemies within the area. Decreases Atk. of affected enemies.||4th||6th|
|Passive||Warrior Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk, when you equip a Sword & Shield, Spear, Dual Swords||1st||1st|
|Heavy Armor Mastery||Decreases damage taken when Heavy Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||6th||8th|
|Defense Aura||Increases the Def. of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||3rd||3rd|
|Righteous Fury||Increases damage dealt to monsters and decreases damage taken from monsters. Increases the aggression level of the attacks.||9th||4th|
|Parry Expertise||Increase Max HP. Also has a chance of decreasing the damage taken when attacked.||2nd||2nd|
|Lucky Dexterity||This skill can be used twice regularly and increases HP by a small amount.||7th||5th|
|Dwarven Potential||Their bodies are blessed by the heavens, presenting them with high HP. (Bonuses to P. Def. and Max HP.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||✔|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
Specific Skills Usage
- Warrior Weapon Mastery should be focused to boost up early progression.
- Parry Expertise and Righteous Fury are both crucial Passives that will help you tremendously in PvE fights including solo missions.
- Active Skills aren’t really a priority, since the damage increase isn’t that significant. However, if you do add it, the focus should be Earthquake > Thrust > Rush Impact > Energy Blast
- PvP wise, Lucky Dexterity shouldn’t be focused on apart from a single point since skill cooldown is constantly 15s in all levels. However, in PvE, you may give Lucky Dexterity medium priority to receive good amounts of passive heals every 15 seconds which in return saves usage of HP potions.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / Attack Speed or P. Atk||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion or Fixed Damage Decrease or CC Resist||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Resilience or Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Penetration / Evasion||Yellow - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Speed / Evasion or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - P. Def / Critical Resist / Resilience or HP Drain or CC Resist||Green - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Critical Resist / CC Resist or HP Drain or Penetration||Black - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - P. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or Penetration||Blue - Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Missile Bolt & Meteor Shower are arguably the best Rare Skills available for Guardians. For alternatives based on party composition, you can use a combination of Healing Strike / Absolute Shield or Defense Zone. Getting Healing Strike and a few levels of Lucky Dexterity will save you HP potions while auto-grinding.
- Black Ore and Nassen Accessory set are optimal for Guardians. Black Ore Accessory Set amplifies your tankiness on top of your already-high Base HP and DEF, it reassures your survival in Elite Dungeons, Boss Battles, and PvP battles. Nassen Accessory Set will compensate your lack of movement speed so you can easily engage and disengage in battles.
- Avoid fighting healers in Arena, since their healing will often be greater than your damage output.
- To maximize burst damage, take advantage of Lucky Dexterity and use it on Rare Skills whenever available.
- In PvP Arena:
- Missile Bolt or Meteor Shower (Lucky Dexterity cooldown) > Missile Bolt + Meteor Shower > Rush Impact > Thrust > Earthquake > Normal attacks
- In PvP Siege:
- Wait for an attack opening; if there are clustered enemies and you feel confident that you can kill the group, Immediately use Meteor Shower 2x using your Lucky Dexterity > You can then use Missile bolt to pick-off a single unit or use Thrust > Then Earthquake or Rush Impact
- To maximize overall damage, you can use a single Meteor Shower on clustered enemies while Lucky Dexterity is off cooldown. This will make Meteor Shower reusable, but don’t use it immediately. Instead, wait for the next Lucky Dexterity cooldown so you can use one Meteor Shower every 15s instead of the usual 150 seconds > Use Rush Impact to knock enemies down in front of you > Use Thrust to weaken the enemy’s defense > Use Earthquake to stun enemies for 2.5 seconds and reduce their attack power > By this time, and a short span of 15 seconds, your Lucky Dexterity can be used again indicated by a shiny background on the skill circle. Make sure that you use Meteor Shower while Lucky Dexterity is available.