Welcome To The Ultimate Elder Guide
Elders are Elves (Mystic) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in staves and wear robes for armor. Elders are adept in providing defensive and utility buffs through support healing (Restoration, Mental Refresh, Follow Defense, and Boost HP). They also can cause high damage in PvP situations. They are arguably the best healer in-game that provide periodic heals, a large heal radius, and are able to reduce the skill cooldown of allies to maximize DPS and enhance survivability of a party.
Despite their lack of base HP, Elves have a very high Evasion Rate which allows them to survive easily against PvE monsters and normal Attacks. Elders have high MP, and they also have good DEF. However, their lower ATK base stats must be compensated by their Magic Weapon Mastery, Robe Mastery, and Substats. Their agile movements are largely due in part to their Elven Potential, which adds bonuses to Movement Speed, M. ATK and Evasion.
Elders are versatile fighters, who excel in both PvP and PvE. Thanks to the Elder’s Passive Skills (Elder Avoidance and Boost HP) she is extremely hard to kill in PvP, making her a low priority attack target in most party clashes. Due to her speed, she can easily evade attacks manually, and take out melee opponents with her medium attack range, effectively kiting them. Though she is most often relegated to the healer position in a party, the Elder’s damage potential must not be ignored, as she can dish out a decent damage output using her active skills. Despite prolonged, drawn-out battles, with the right usage of skills, using an Elder, you can absolutely win against most Arena fights 1v1.
In PvE, Elders are highly sought out in Elite Dungeons. Codex and Proof of Blood/Starstone farming is essential to every player, and having an Elder increases your party’s survivability with the benefit of providing additional party DPS. However, due to the fact that Elders perform best in a party, some players can find leveling and solo playing challenging. If you enjoy party grinding, and being in constant demand, this is definitely the class for you!
- Arguably the best buffer/healer in the game
- Very powerful ally and sought after in party fights due to her active buffs (Restoration, Mental Refresh, and Follow Defense)
- Unique skill in reducing her party’s skill cool-down time
- Potion-friendly class. You’ll rarely use HP potions, but MP ones will still be a concern
- Has naturally high evasion, leading to better survivability
- Quite lackluster in damage, which will give you a hard time in solo battles
- One of the lowest DPS in the game; she’ll take a ridiculous amount of time in solo fights and story bosses. On the plus side, it’s really difficult for her to fail a fight, barring time constraints.
- Heavily reliant on party members. Do not play this class if you dislike playing in a party.
- Don’t provide burst heals like Bishops (Human Mage). Performs better in longer, sustained fights.
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization. Like most classes, the priority is maxing your passive skills before working on active skills.
PvP (Arena) Skillset – Flame Strike / Holy Fire / Restoration
PvE Skillset – Holy Fire / Restoration / Follow Defense
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||7th||X|
|Holy Fire||A pillar of holy flames that damage enemies. Affected enemies take increased damage.||5th||6th|
|Restoration||Imbues an effect on you that heals you and the party members around you continuously.||6th||5th|
|Mental Refresh||Encourages yourself and your party members, decreasing skill cooldowns.||9th||8th|
|Follow Defense||Increases Def. of you and your party members.||8th||7th|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd||2nd|
|Boost HP||Increases the Max HP of you and your party members. This effect is region wide.||4th||4th|
|Elder Avoidance||Has a Chance of generating a buff that increases Evasion Rate when attacked.||3rd||3rd|
|Elven Potential||Agile movements allow them to have higher Evasion against enemy attacks. (Bonuses to Evasion, Speed, and M. Atk.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Since staves have medium attack range, Flame Strike is an important skill in PvP to knock down enemies first before you release a skill combo.
- Elder Avoidance provides a tactical edge, since it provides a percentage increment for Evasion. Enemies that are dependent on Normal attacks are a piece of cake for Elders.
- In your active skills, Restoration is a must and should be your biggest priority since that is the skill that heals your party.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / HP Drain or M. Atk or Penetration||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion or Speed||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Evasion / Speed or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - HP Drain / Critical Resist / Resilience||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Substat priority depends on your playstyle. For full support, you can sacrifice damage for added Resilience, Critical Resist and Penetration. However, keep in mind that you still need M. ATK, CRIT Rate and Damage to win Arena fights.
- Nassen and Black Ore are the 2 best accessory sets for Elder. If you want to move fast and manually evade skills, go for Nassen. If you want to be extremely tanky and hold enemy waves, go for Black Ore. Elven set is an optional build, if you want to increase your ATK stat while taking advantage of the stun resist bonus.
- When charging towards an enemy: Use Flame Strike > Holy Fire > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Normal Attacks > Restoration (when HP falls down to 80% and tanking enemy normal hits).
- When the enemy is charging towards you: Use [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower > Manually Evade enemy skills > Wait for an opportunity to charge enemies using Flame Strike.
- Timing your party buffs and heals is crucial for a good Elder. Don’t auto-attack on team fight!
- Skill management is important! You have 4 active skills but only 3 skill slots. Having multiple skill sets are crucial for quick changes.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.
Special thanks to 13unny (Envy) and Sados (SainT) for their content contributions!