Welcome To The Ultimate Bishop Guide!
Bishops are Humans (Mystic) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes. Bishops are healing specialists that take up a defensive position to protect their allies. Unlike Elder and Shillien Elder, Bishops can tank attacks, since they naturally have high HP and DEF as Humans.
Bishops are support characters which make them essential in team battles. Their DEF increase (Divine Link) and Regeneration (Major Heal) will always kick in during critical moments in battle to protect your damage dealers. However in 1v1 Arena, Bishops will find it challenging to kill their opponents, since dishing out burst damage is not their forte.
Divine Punishment is the Bishop’s only damaging skill. Although its damage scales well, it won’t be enough to bring down tanky enemies from any Warrior class. Bishops will also take a longer time finishing the main quest because of their low DPS. Despite these slight disadvantages, come Sieges and Party battles, the Bishop dominates.
Having a Bishop in a party assures your survival, especially to those who are fond of farming while AFK. Bishops are masters of defense — HP and MP recovery, DEF increase, HP increase — Bishops have it all. Thus, farming cores with Bishops is highly advantageous.
This is the right character for you, if you are a party-oriented player, and enjoy playing the role of a healing maestro and serving as master of the defensive arts.
- Strongest direct heal in the game
- Decent CC capabilities (knockdown) for 2.5 seconds
- Easy to use, with the ability to use little to no potions while afk farming
- Very strong survivability compared to other healers
- Can also tank and stay in the frontlines
- Heated Light Heal is great, since it vastly improves your survivability by mitigating a percentage of damage taken
- Sought-after class in late-game, due to strong heal and DEF/HP buff for Siege and PvP. You’re guaranteed to find a good party and clan if you’re a high level Bishop
- Cheap class to play, since there are tons of potion-saving mechanics for the class
- Slower run speed compared to other classes;they are easy to chase and close out.
- Lacks DPS and only has 1 damaging skill
- Hard to win in 1v1 combat
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization (specifically Heated Light Heal and Boost HP). Prioritize leveling up your passives first that contribute to attack power and defense (Mage Weapon Mastery, Robe Mastery, and Divine Link). Next to prioritize are the active skills Major Heal to reinforce team survivability, and Divine Punishment to help in damage and CC contribution.
PvP (Arena/Siege) Skillset – Major Heal / Divine Punishment / Flame Strike
PvE Skillset – Major Heal / Divine Punishment / Wind Strike
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||8th||X|
|Wind Strike||Brings forth a gust of wind that penetrates through enemies in a straight line to attack.||X||7th/8th|
|Divine Punishment||Creates a holy explosion to deal damage and knockdown enemies within the area.||5th||5th|
|Major Heal||Heals you and your party members around you with holy powers to recover HP and MP.||3rd/4th||3rd/4th|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||2nd||2nd|
|Boost HP||Increases the Max HP of you and your party members. This effect is region wide.||7th||7th/8th|
|Divine Link||Increases Def. when being in a party. The effect is amplified with more party members.||3rd/4th||3rd/4th|
|Heated Light Heal (Mana Shield)||When hit, MP is lost instead of part of the damage.||6th||6th|
|Human Potential||Human’s firm resolve gives them higher Atk. against enemies. (Bonuses to P. Atk. and Crit. Resist.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Heated Light Heal and Major Heal bolsters up your survivability, which is ideal for a full-support class.
- Divine Link is recommended to prioritize next if you party a lot
- Boost HP can be the last to upgrade because the scaling per level is very low.
- As Semi-offensive
- P. Atk and M. Atk for damage and heal
- Crit Rate
- Crit Damage
- As Full Support
- Critical Resist
- P. and M. Defense
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / M. Atk / Critical Damage or Penetration||Purple - Critical Damage (Attack) / MP Regen Rate or Max MP (Full Support)||Helmet - Critical Rate (Attack) / HP Regen or Penetration (Full Support)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (Attack) / MP Regen Rate or Max MP (Full Support)||Armor - Critical Rate (Attack) / HP Regen or Penetration (Full Support)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion or Speed or Fixed Damage Decrease||Red - Critical Damage (Attack) / MP Regen Rate or Max MP (Full Support)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Evasion / Penetration or Reduced MP Cost||Yellow - Critical Resist or Evasion or Resilience (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Evasion / Speed or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (Attack) / MP Regen Rate or Max MP (Full Support)|
|Necklace - P. Def / Critical Resist / Resilience or CD Reduction||Green - Critical Resist or Evasion or Resilience (user preference)|
|Earring - Critical Resist / Reduced MP Cost / Speed or Abnoral Status Resist Rate||Black - Critical Resist or Evasion or Resilience (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Reduced MP Cost / Critical Rate or Evasion or Resilience||Blue - Critical Resist or Evasion or Resilience (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (Attack) / MP Regen Rate or Max MP (Full Support)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Similar to most classes, Bishop’s Mage Weapon Mastery and Robe Mastery are your staple upgrades. Keeping these basic stats at max are extremely important early game so your progress won’t stagnate.
- Since Bishops are party heavy, Divine Link will massively increase your defense, especially if you are partied up with 5 members.
- Try to get the Rare Skill Healing Strike to add to your already-supportive arsenal
- Divine Link is at its most effective in a full party
- Black Ore Accessory Set is the best set for a Bishop. Critical Resist bonus allows you to move to the frontlines and be able to tank damages to protect your damage dealers, especially if they are glass cannons like Abyss Walker and Plains Walker.
- Overall, a Bishop’s different active and passive skills allows for a constant top-up of both his HP and MP, making it seem like they never go down
- Skill cooldown decrease substat will significantly boost your prowess through rapid healing.
- In PvP wars:
- Divine Punishment > Flame Strike > (Tank incoming Attacks) > use Major Heal and repeat the process.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor Shower in Arena PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are must haves for Elite Dungeon Farming while Defense Zone is best for Sieges.