Welcome To The Ultimate Battle Mage Guide!
Battle Mages are Dwarves (Mystic) who can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in Staves and wear Robes. Arguably the best support buffer in game, Battle Mages offer ATK and DEF buffs necessary for group battles (especially in PvE content like Elite Dungeons). Their greatest value is their buffs which provide substantial increases and helps not only with survivability but also amplifying DPS.
Battle Mages are also decent damage contributors due to their two AoE skills (Earth Spike and Tri-Shard). They can clear enemy waves quickly since their skill cooldown is relatively fast in comparison to other classes. Lucky Defense boosts massive flat stat defense for you and your party members, while , Infighter, Death Whisper and Aggression are offensive buffs that your team attackers will significantly appreciate. Due to this, Battle Mages will always be sought-out for parties especially during Hot Time, Core , and resource farming.
While the Battle Mage is an absolute beast in PvE, she often struggles in solo scenarios due to her lack of personal damage. This means that Arena and Solo quests aren’t her strengths.Usually in Arena, Battle Mages avoid fighting against Warrior classes with high HP and DEF, such as Paladin and Shillien Knights. On the other hand, they can take challenge t Rogue classes. Thanks to their Dwarven potential, Battle Mages are given enough HP and DEF to tank a few of Rogue hits. While fast leveling may be a challenge for Battle Mages, they find it easier to catch up on character advancement (since core farming is an easy task for them).
Overall, Battle Mages shine in the majority of group PvE and PvP. They are stat boosters, bringing the full potential of a party and aiding in decisive victories in Sieges and Rift battles. They also facilitate quick core and resource farming. Most importantly, they are a highly sought companion of attack-oriented characters.
For those enthusiastic about playing a character who can operate in a major support role to cover both offensive and defensive aspects of the game, then Battle Mage is a class you would definitely enjoy!
- Offers plenty of group buffs, making her great in parties
- Tankiest among all the mage classes thanks to Dwarven potential
- One of the more popular Dwarf classes, alongside Elder and Spellsinger due to utility in group battles
- Unique class since she offers both Attack and Defense buffs, making her a versatile support
- Decent AoE burst damage from Earth Spike and Tri-Shard; can clear monster waves to free a path
- Boosts the party’s overall damage output significantly (high scaling per level)
- Sought-after in Elite Dungeons to speed up core and resource farming
- Skills have a relatively short range and slow skill animations
- Slow moving class; easy to get caught
- One of the few support classes that doesn’t offer regeneration, forcing party members to use potions when HP or MP falls down a certain threshold
- Low overall damage, making it hard to finish solo quests (Main quests, Sub quests, Weekly quests, etc.)
|Weapon||Dark Abyss (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Branch of the Mother Tree (PvE magical monsters)|
|Demon’s Staff (PvE normal monsters)|
|Flaming Dragon Skull (Boss hunt)|
|Staff of Life (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
|Black Ore Set (Tanky / Anti-Crit)|
|Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization to maximize your passive skill effects in the early stages of the game. Mage Weapon Mastery, Infighter and Robe Mastery (Passive) will help you significantly on your solo progression. Next, prioritize group oriented passive skills, Death Whisper and Lucky Defense. They become valuable skills in time as you slowly get yourself involved in group content like Elite Dungeons, Rift Raids, Temple Guardian and Summoning Circle. While Aggression seems a good addition to boost ATK power, the skill activation (proc rate) is quite low, rendering it unreliable in many situations, so it is better to invest on your Active skills first (Earth Spike and Tri-Shard) to dish out a good amounts of AoE damage.
PvP Arena and Siege Skillset – Earth Spike/ Tri-Shard/ Flame Strike or Infighter
PvE Skillset (Dungeons) – Earth Spike/ Tri-Shard/ Infighter
PvE Skillset (AFK Farm) – Infighter/ Earth Spike and Tri-Shard (Both are optional)/ Healing Strike (Rare Skill) set at low HP threshold on auto-heal cast
|Active||Flame Strike||Launches a flaming ball to deal massive explosion damage and knockdown enemies.||8th||X|
|Earth Spike||Violently erects a stone pillar to deal damage and knockdown enemies within the area.||6th||6th|
|Tri-Shard||Launches earth element shards in 3 directions, penetrating and damaging enemies.||7th||7th|
|Infighter||Invokes old memories to increase the Atk. of your party's basic attacks.||2nd||2nd|
|Passive||Magic Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Staff is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Robe Mastery||Increases Attack Damage when Robe-armor is equipped. The effect stacks up to 4 times.||3rd||3rd|
|Death Whisper||Increases the Critical Damage of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||4th||4th|
|Aggression||Has a 10% chance to get buff that increases attack power when attacking.||9th||8th|
|Lucky Defense||Has a chance of increasing a percentage of Def. and creates a barrier that blocks 1 attack.||5th||5th|
|Dwarven Potential||Their bodies are blessed by the heavens, presenting them with high HP. (Bonuses to P. Def. and Max HP.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔ (Arena)||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||✔ (Full Support)||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- Mage Weapon Mastery, Infighter and Robe Mastery should be added whenever possible
- Flame Strike can be an alternative for Infighter for an additional Knock Down skill
- Death Whisper is one of the better Passives to skill up, especially for PvP fights
- Earth Spike is the best Active Skill you have; prioritize it over Tri-Shard
- While Aggression is helpful, use only minimal points on it (no more than two)
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / M. Atk / Critical Damage or Penetration||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate or Penetration or M. Atk|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Penetration||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate or Penetration or M. Atk|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Resilience or Speed||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Gloves - M. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)||Boots - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Shoes - M. Atk / Speed / Evasion or Resilience||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - Critical Resist / Resilience / P. Def or HP Drain||Green - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Earring - Speed / Penetration / HP Drain or Critical Resist||Black - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Ring - M. Atk / Critical Rate / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Blue - Critical Resist or Resilience or Evasion (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Missile Bolt & Meteor Shower are arguably the best Rare Skills available. These skills are major assets in Arena PvP. In Sieges, you may opt for Healing Strike/Absolute Shield or retain Missile Bolt/Meteor Shower, depending on the team’s strategy. Getting one level to Healing Strike helps save HP potions while auto-grinding.
- Elven Accessory Set & Black Ore Accessory Set are optimal for Battle Mage. Elven Set allows you to deal more damage and provides you with Stun Resist, which will block any disabling attempts from the enemy. Black Ore Accessory Set allows you to be extremely tanky; with your already-high Base HP and DEF, it reassures your survival in Elite Dungeons, Boss Battles, and PvP battles.
- Your Primary Role is a Support buffer. Focus on Passive Skills first (except Aggression), then Active Skills.
- In PvP Arena:
- Infighter (30s ATK increase and decrease dmg) > Use Earth Spike to knock down opponent for 3s > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Tri-Shard > If enemy has low HP, use normal attacks and tank incoming damage to finish enemy off, else wait for skill cooldown.
- Use Flame Strike to knock down enemy > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and Missile Bolt > Tri-Shard > Use Earth Spike for 3s knock down > If enemy has low HP, use normal attacks and tank incoming damage to finish enemy off, otherwise, wait for Flame Strike and Tri-Shard cooldown.
- In PvP Siege:
- Wait for an attack opening; if there are clustered enemies, use Earth Spike, if there are 2 enemies or less, use Flame Strike > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and/or Missile Bolt > Use Tri-Shard when necessary > Move back and wait for the cooldown of your Crowd Control Skills (Flame Strike/Earth Spike)
- Infighter (30s ATK increase and decrease dmg) > Find an opening, use Earth Spike to knock down enemies for 3s > [IMMEDIATELY] Meteor Shower and/or Missile Bolt > Use Tri-Shard when necessary > As Infighter buff fades, move back and wait for the cooldown of your Earth Spike.
- You may use Absolute Shield/Healing Strike/Defense Zone if you prefer defensive stance.