Abyss Walkers are Dark Elves (Rogue) that can be selected after finishing the Class Transfer quest at lvl 31. They specialize in daggers and wear light armor. Abyss Walkers retaliate with rapid strikes that makes up for their lack of raw power. Enemies cut by their dagger bleed and take extra damage.
Despite their speed, Abyss Walkers are very fragile. Dark Elves naturally have low HP and DEF; additionally, Abyss Walkers are a Rogue class that wears light armor, which does not provide damage reduction. However, thanks to fast attacks and movement fluidity, an Abyss Walker’s Evasion rate is extremely high and they can strike fast, which is a great advantage paired with their high base ATK and CRIT stats.
When you play an Abyss Walker, you are able to shine most in solo PvP because his skill set grants a high single target burst damage. Although an Abyss Walker does not provide huge party buffs, his bleed skill and damage potential makes him an important asset in a group. Abyss Walkers are beasts in Arena if you know how to approach enemy with combo attacks and manual evasion using the Abyss Walker’s move speed. The bleeding effect and additional Crit damage compensates for your lack of base attack stat. Using your Vicious Stance boosts Crit rate to max and greatly increases Crit damage. This pairs well with the Critical Power passive and Razor Rain skill to inflict a burst damage.
In PvE, an Abyss Walker also performs very well, because two of his active skills are AoE (Sting and Razor Rain). The Area of Effect is not as wide as the Bladedancer’s skills but it makes up by tearing through enemies at high speed. Abyss Walkers are also sought out in parties for Boss hunting because the bleeding effect on monsters allows all damage intake to be amplified. With the right skill and substats prioritization, Abyss Walkers are a huge threat in both PvE and PvP. You can compensate for the lack of HP and DEF stat by upgrading your Light Armor Mastery to be able to tank hits from open field monsters, especially when you auto-play while AFK. In PvP and PvE, you should always dodge skills spammed at you by your opponent, and AoE attacks, so having a Nassen Accessory set to increase movement speed is vital.
- One of the strongest single-target damage dealers in the game. Has the highest max damage out of all classes in the game.
- Massive burst damage from skill combos
- Multiple bleed attacks, making him suited for long, drawn-out fights
- Good in 1v1 Arena fights
- Sought after in team fights due to his amazing damage potential from bleed
- Very fast and crafty attacks
- Benefits a lot more from party buffs from other classes
- Great self-buff that increases Crit. Damage when you attack bleeding enemies
- Lacks a high party buff
- Glass cannon. Pretty squishy for a melee class.
- Decent in Fortress Siege, but not the best due to lack of range attacks
- Doesn’t have the best Evasion, making him potion-consumption heavy
|Weapon||Cerberus (PvP / Overall 1st priority)|
|Mithril Dagger (PvE magical monsters)|
|Doom Dagger (PvE normal monsters)|
|Crystal Dagger (Boss hunt)|
|Dark Screamer (elite monsters)|
|Accessories||Nassen Set (Chasing / Movement increase / Manual Evasion)|
|Elven Set (Highest ATK stat of all accessories / Stun resist)|
Skill Priority and Usage
Be sure to obtain Level 1 on all your skills before following the prioritization. Like most classes, the priority is maxing your passive skills before working on active skills. Quick Step is the only passive you should least prioritize.
|Active||Mortal Blow||Charges up, then attacks at full power and knocks down the enemy.||6th (For CC)||X|
|Sting||Attacks enemies in front, dealing damage and causing them to bleed. A portion of the damage is applied while ignoring Def.||6th (Bleed + DPS)||6th|
|Razor Rain||Attacks nearby enemies to deal damage, briefly stun them, and make them bleed.||5th||5th|
|Vicious Stance||Greatly increases Critical Damage. Also, briefly increases Crit. Rate to max.||7th||7th|
|Passive||Rogue Weapon Mastery||Increases Atk. when a Dagger or Bow is equipped.||1st||1st|
|Light Armor Mastery||Increases Evasion Rate when Light Armor is equipped. This effect stacks up to 4 times.||4th||4th|
|Quick Step||Increases the Speed of you and your party members. This effect is region-wide.||8th||8th|
|Seek Blood||Reduce the target's defense and critical resistance on targets with less than 50% HP||3rd||3rd|
|Critical Power||Increases Critical Damage and Attack Power on Bleeding enemies.||2nd||2nd|
|Dark Elven Potential||Their splendid battle senses grant them a higher Crit. Rate when attacking enemies. (Bonuses to Acc. and Crit. Rate.)||Innate||Innate|
|Rare||Missile Bolt||This powerful skill deals critical damage to a few enemies.||✔||X|
|Meteor Shower||This skill is ideal for attacking many enemies in a large area.||✔||X|
|Absolute Shield||This skill greatly improves your Def. so you are able to withstand powerful enemies.||X||✔|
|Healing Strike||This skill is a very effective means of healing to extend your HP effectively for a duration of time.||X||✔|
|Poison Strike||Puts an enemy to a poisoned state, reduces damage and movement speed for a certain amount of time. Additional damage during debuff duration.||✔ (Alternative for M. Bolt)||X|
|Defense Zone||A protective zone is set up to reduce damage received by party members, and you are immune to your condition for a while.||✔ (Siege)||X|
Specific Skills Usage
- In Solo PvP, you can choose to upgrade Mortal Blow instead of Sting to add a Knockdown skill in your combo.
- Once you get your Class Advance, you can forgo your 1st set of skills (apart from Mortal Blow).
- Weapon Mastery for added damage, Armor Mastery for survivability.
- Ideally, you should use your Vicious Stance right after the enemy is knocked down or stunned, not during the start of your battle. The Max Crit Rate buff only lasts for 4 seconds, so you need to be close to the enemy for a maximum burst. Alternatively, if you prefer to use Vicious Stance at the start of the battle, you must chain your skills immediately after activating it to take advantage of the 4 second Max Crit Rate window.
Main Stats and Sub-stats Priority
|Equipment||Soul Crystal (Not applicable in NA/EU servers)||Pet Mount|
|Weapon - Critical Rate / Attack Speed / Critical Damage or HP Drain||Purple - Critical Damage (All)||Helmet - Critical Rate (All)|
|Helmet - P. Def / M.Def / Evasion||Orange - Critical Damage (All)||Armor - Critical Rate (All)|
|Armor - P. Def / M.Def / Speed or Evasion||Red - Critical Damage (All)||Saddle - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Gloves - P. Atk / Evasion / Penetration||Yellow - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)||Boots - Evasion or Critical Resist or Resilience (user preference)|
|Shoes - P. Atk / Atk. Speed / Speed or Evasion||Cyan - Critical Damage (All)|
|Necklace - HP Drain / Atk. Speed / Accuracy||Green - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Earring - HP Drain / Speed / Accuracy or Penetration||Black - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Ring - Critical Rate / Critical Damage / P. Atk or HP Drain or Resilience||Blue - Evasion or Critical Resist (user preference)|
|Silver - Critical Damage (All)|
Other Useful Class Tips
- Get HP Drain & Atk. Speed for equipment substats for increased survivability and damage respectively.
- When charging towards an enemy: Mortal Blow or Razor Rain> Vicious Stance > Razor Rain or Mortal Blow > Missile Bolt and Meteor for Arena fights. OR Vicious Stance > [IMMEDIATELY] Razor Rain + Missile Bolt + Meteor Shower > Mortal Blow
- When the enemy is charging towards you: Vicious Stance > [IMMEDIATELY] Missile Bolt or Meteor Shower > Razor Rain and Mortal Blow
- Nassen is the best accessory set for Abyss Walkers, allowing you to move and approach enemies faster, as well as evade attacks. You can also use Elven set for Max Damage potential and a stun resist.
- For Rare Skills, use Missile Bolt and Meteor in PvP. Healing Strike and Absolute Shield are good for AFK-farming.